❀3-Mother and Brother?❀

Iza's POV

And with another decline of my services from Mama, off I went to gather my sketchbook from the bedroom once more.

After gathering my materials, I tilted my head in confusion at the empty spot under the tree I was approaching.

'Does this mean I can steal his spot again?'

I fix my glasses and see the boy himself in the distance walking towards the forest discreetly.

'Is he playing tag or something?'

'What is he doing?'

I debate on whether I should follow him or not until something stops me in my tracks.

My blood ran cold and my body tensed up as I recognized this feeling.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━
The feeling of being watched.
━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Too nervous to look, I open my sketchbook and start drawing.

Slowly glancing at the house from my peripheral vision and although blurry, I see the silhouette of someone looking at us.

'Is Mama looking at me?'

Taking my chances, I looked up, and as suspected, there she was.

Scanning the surrounding area like a predator hunting for prey.

Her gaze darted towards all the children, yet it avoided me.

I sighed, calming myself and deciding to ignore her though I couldn't help the small smile that formed on the corner of my lips.

'At least I'm not being suspected.'

'Those two are being extremely suspicious though and Mama's already caught on.'

I continued to draw for a while, not really paying attention to what I was doing until I blinked and came back to reality.

I stared at what I'd drawn in confusion.

'Is this-'

"-Mama? She's so pretty! You're so good at drawing Iza! No wonder Yvette looks up to you!" I hear a small high-pitched voice interrupt my train of thought.

"She is, Isn't she?"

"It's a very lovely drawing, dear." The sound of a familiar voice made my heart drop.

Looking up, Phil and Mama stood beside me, grinning.

Phil was still admiring my little drawing in awe while Mama continued to smile down at me, eyes locked in mine.

'Shit.'

I quickly pretended to be embarrassed as I hugged the sketchbook close to me.

"Mama you weren't supposed to see that yet!" I whined, causing her to giggle at my frustration.

"I'm sorry dear. But can you let me see it when you're done?"

"I-i can't promise it'll be any good though.." I mumbled, shyly turning away from her.

'Please leave. Please leave. Please leave. Please leave--'

"I'm sure it'll be lovely, dear. I can't wait to see it." She smiled warmly, before leaving me and Phil alone.

My gaze doesn't leave her as I see her approaching the gate instead of the house.

"Who taught you how to draw Iza? Can you teach me too?" Phil asked, causing me to look back at him smiling at me brightly.