015. FLOWERS IN YOUR HAIR

CHAPTER FIFTEEN! ༉‧₊˚✧ ━━━━ ⋆𖤐₊˚

━━━━ ⋆𖤐₊˚.༄ ♡ ━━━━

WAKING UP IN Grimmauld Place was never a fun endeavor.

Regulus Black groaned as he rolled over in bed. The light streaming into the room could be symbolized as a beacon or as an end of bliss. He didn't see it as either: most things were numb nowadays.

He hadn't wanted any of this newfound separation between him and his brother. But yet, he knew that he was only to blame for it.

He remembered before his sorting when Sirius had jokingly told him that if he became a Slytherin, he would never speak to him again. He was only trying to freak him out, though; they were too close for that to happen. So, when Regulus was sorted into Slytherin house later that night, Sirius had applauded him, and his friends had joined.

Regulus didn't know how to feel at that moment. He knew things would never be the same.

That was only the beginning of Regulus conforming to what others expected of him.

As the years progressed, Regulus got quieter and quieter, losing his joking nature with his brother. All he craved was to please the people who expected so much of him.

Of course, his brother disagreed. Sirius was a Gryffindor at heart, always making his own expectations. Sirius was already branded a "blood traitor" for reasons that he couldn't control, so why should he give a fuck about what his family thought?

Regulus wished that he could think the same way.

Sirius and Regulus were still living together, but they lived on opposite sides of the world. They were so alike but so different.

Regulus was a Slytherin, whereas Sirius was a Gryffindor. One played Quidditch, and one preferred to watch. One was respected by his family, and the other one was just a problematic speck in their eyes.

Regulus slammed a pillow over his face (gracefully, of course) as he continued to groan.

"Rough night?"

Regulus sat up abruptly in his bed, startled.

"What the hell?" He pulled the sheets up to cover himself. "What are you doing in my room, Talwar?"

"Well, after utilizing that little Christmas gift of yours—" Diya referred to the magic journal that Regulus had purchased for her. When Regulus and Diya wrote to each other, the pages would glow gold, signaling that the receiver should respond as soon as possible. They wrote in real-time, generating a speedier alternative to owling back and forth. "—I figured that I might as well stop by since Walburga and Orion aren't here."