023. THE DOWNTOWN LIGHTS

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE! ༉‧₊˚✧ ━━━━ ⋆𖤐₊˚

━━━━ ⋆𖤐₊˚.༄ ♡ ━━━━

SIRIUS AND DIYA'S summer together had been so repetitive that the two didn't even realize how odd their dynamic would look from an outside perspective. As a result of the boiling summer, the two had become connoisseurs in ice cream tasting, reviewing many different parlors and carts around London.

"Did you bring the notebook?" Sirius asked Diya, turning to her as he surveyed the menu options.

Diya scoffed, "Obviously. I'm not an amateur."

James interjected, stepping forward and raising his hand, "I'm sorry — an amateur at what, exactly?"

"Ice cream tasting." Sirius replied, with an 'obviously' expression tattooed on his face.

"Is there a way to be a professional at ice cream tasting?" James asked once again.

Sirius paused, turning his head to look at his best friend, "Ask the notebook that."

Looking expectantly at Diya, she scoffed, opening her rucksack and shuffling through it. Sirius held his hand out, waiting as she plucked the item out from her bag.

James peers over Sirius's shoulder as he opens the notebook, showing the reviews that he and Diya had written.

"How often were you and Diya going out for ice cream that it warranted an entire notebook?" James laughed, leaning back.

Sirius turned to look at Diya, not realizing her face was closer to his than expected. Resisting the urge to look at her lips, he said, "Plenty of times. Probably every day."

Diya looked up from the notebook to Sirius, her eyes widening slightly at the closeness as she backed up. "Yup. He just couldn't resist me."

Sirius rolled his eyes.

Frank made a face, "I could've sworn you two hated each other last time I saw you."

Sirius looked up at the ceiling as if pondering, "Yeah, sounds about right."

"So, if that's right, then how are you two so..." He tried to think of a word. "Tight-knit, now?"

Diya jumped in, a grin on her face as she began, "Basically, what happened is—"

Sirius dragged a hand over his face, "Oh no."

"He sent me a letter being all like," Diya made a face as she began to lower her voice to mock Sirius, "Oh, Diya, I am so miserable without you and your company. Please forgive me and meet me tomorrow in Islington."