003. DON'T STOP ME NOW

CHAPTER THREE! ༉‧₊˚✧ ━━━━ ⋆𖤐₊˚

━━━━ ⋆𖤐₊˚.༄ ♡ ━━━━

OVER THE NEXT WEEK, James had not forgotten about Diya and her quidditch skills.

He would corner Diya after her classes and ask her yet again to try out for the Gryffindor team (It helped that she and Lily shared most of them, allowing James to see his Lily-Flower).

Diya was seriously considering giving in and trying out, just for the hell of it, but every time she thought of it, she could only picture her angry parents, looking down at her for leaving behind her world of grace and delving into the world of sports.

In Diya's opinion, her parents should be happy for her. She was one of the top students (albeit not a prefect), and classically trained in many forms of dance. Adding to this, Diya was technically already involved in a sport— sword fighting.

The final straw for Diya was at dinner on the following Friday night. She was thankful to get a break from her studies, finally, and to unwind at dinner.

While she was eating her shepherd's pie, she bit into something that tasted like parchment. Grimacing and pausing her conversation with Lily, she reached into her mouth and pulled out a food-covered bit of paper.

It was rolled into a tight scroll, eliciting a sigh from the tired girl. She unrolled the paper and read:

PLEASE try out for the Gryffindor team. PLEASE. Tryouts are tonight after dinner. Can I walk you to the pitch?

-James

Sighing, she looked to the sender of the note, who was already looking at her. He was pouting with his hands clasped together, begging silently.

Might as well, she thought.

Diya nodded to him before tucking the scroll into her robe pocket.

James nearly fell out of his seat, shocked that Diya had finally given in, and after composing himself, he jumped up and ran over to Diya.

"You mean it?" He asked her, with wide eyes and a bright grin. James's hands were on her shoulder, as though to ensure that she was really in front of him and not just a figment of his imagination.

Smiling at the joyful boy's demeanor, Diya nodded, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"YES!" James exclaimed, "I COULD JUST KISS YOU RIGHT NOW!"