017. ZOYA'S DILEMMA

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN! ༉‧₊˚✧━━━━ ⋆𖤐₊˚

━━━━ ⋆𖤐₊˚.༄ ♡ ━━━━

"YOU'RE WHAT?" DIYA blinked, her mood changing just as the scene had.

"They're marrying me off!" Zoya cried, a sad smile overtaking her features as she tried to keep herself composed.

"To who?" Diya led her to the bed, trying to keep her comfortable since she looked like she was seconds away from bursting into hysterics.

"Manav Kashyap."

Diya paused.

"Manav Kashyap?" Her voice oozed with rage. "Zoya, he's like thirty!"

Zoya sobbed, hiding her face in her hands. "I know! It's not my choice!"

"Where are they?" Diya stood up from the bed, fully ready to fight with their parents. "What the fuck is wrong with them!"

Zoya reached out, grabbing her sister's wrist to prevent her from storming out of the room and possibly committing a crime. "Diya! Please stay."

Diya huffed, stomping back to the bed to comfort her sister. As Zoya rested her head on her shoulder, Diya inquired, "When?

"What?" Zoya lifted her head.

"When are they forcing a 17-year-old girl to marry a 30-year-old man?" Diya gritted her teeth.

Zoya sighed, trying to wipe her tears. There was only so long that she could try and fight this. Soon enough, she would be a married woman.

"They traded me off like a business arrangement. Manav's family is rich, and they want me to get married as soon as my 18th birthday."

Diya blanched. "Zo, that's in January! You're telling me you could have less than a year before you get married?"

"Mama said that the Shaadi could be sometime over the summer next year," Zoya mumbled, her voice coming off as more emotionless than upset now.

Diya gasped in realization, "Right after you leave Hogwarts."

"Exactly." Zoya nodded. "They didn't take it too well when I told them that I had a boyfriend, either."

Diya's head snapped to the side, "You what?"

Zoya winced. "Yeah, uh, I have a boyfriend."