018. YOU AND ME

trigger warning: depictions of injuries, allusion to abuse, and blood !! please read ahead with caution if these topics may disturb you.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN! ༉‧₊˚✧ ━━━━ ⋆𖤐₊˚

━━━━ ⋆𖤐₊˚.༄ ♡ ━━━━

SNEAKING ONTO DIYA'S balcony had become somewhat of a routine for Sirius Black. It was odd how quickly she had affected him, making him act like a lovesick fool half the time. They'd only made up a few weeks ago, and yet he somehow felt like he could take on the entire world for her.

Sirius felt selfish almost, wanting to spend every minute he could with her. He'd even been canceling plans with his friends for her, even though he knew he shouldn't, and yet, something about her presence was so addicting, full of smiles and adoration.

Diya usually left her balcony doors unlocked, especially after last week, when she had nearly injured Sirius slamming the glass doors open.

So, when Sirius scaled the stairs that he had found along the wall — something that Diya hadn't told him about before making him climb a tree to get to her — and he discovered the doors locked, he panicked.

He peeked into her room, noticing that the door was wide open, signaling that Diya wasn't inside. She hated being in rooms with doors open ("They make me uneasy!" She would yell).

Sirius could hear his own thunderous heartbeat pounding in his ears as he blanched. What if something had happened to her? She had mentioned in her latest letters that she and her parents were in a tiff.

He felt so helpless, knowing that Diya would kill him if he broke her doors.

He raked a hand through his slowly growing hair, which was still cut short. As he paced the length of Diya's balcony, he formulated a plan — albeit a marvelously stupid one.

Sirius turned abruptly on his heel, descending the stairs and sprinting to the hedge at the back of the garden. Swiftly, he jumped over.

༉‧₊˚✧

Padfoot replaced Sirius outside the front gates of Talwar Manor. The large black dog limped as he approached the front door of the estate.

Sirius's plan was simple.

Since he was already an animagus ("Four months strong, baby!"), he could easily take up his dog form. He'd overheard the girls talk about Chandrika Talwar's job as a healer, which would come to his advantage. From there, it was simple, fake an injury, get invited into the house as an innocent dog, and then search for Diya.