022. ARROW THROUGH ME

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO! ༉‧₊˚✧━━━━ ⋆𖤐₊˚

━━━━ ⋆𖤐₊˚.༄ ♡ ━━━━

WHEN JAMES POTTER woke up on that crisp summer morning, the last thing he expected to hear was his best friend chatting up the love of his life.

Well, in all honesty, he was chatting with the love of his life — but the betrayal stung just the same. These intense emotions were far too much for James to handle, especially at the sight of Lily's reactions to Sirius's jokes.

"And then the snitch bounced right off his glasses, and he was all —" Sirius proceeded to poorly imitate James, using his fingers as glasses and babbling while squirming on the grass. Lily was so affected by Sirius's mockery that she had to physically cover her mouth to avoid laughing too loud.

Back in the house, James groaned to himself, dragging a hand over his face. "That's not even how I sound!"

Huffing to himself, a pajama-clad James threw the door open, charging his way out of his house and into his backyard, prepared to fight for love.

Once he was in the eyesight of the three teenagers on the hill, James slowed his pace down, acting as though he had been nonchalant the entire time. Sirius was in the middle of another animated story watching Diya and Lily stifling their giggles as James walked toward them.

"Interesting." James crossed his arms, cutting Sirius off as he stopped in front of the trio.

Sirius — closer now — tilted his head, surprising James, who was unaccustomed to seeing him without his bright red sunnies. "What is?"

"Oh nothing, just the fact that you've stolen the love of my life—"

"Definitely not." Lily interrupted, holding her hand up.

"Sorry." He turned to Lily briefly before returning to his point. "you've stolen my acquaintance. A capable, independent woman." James glanced over to Lily, who nodded, satisfied with the correction. "And you stole Diya, my best friend!"

Sirius raises an eyebrow, "First of all, I didn't steal anyone. If Lily is the capable, independent woman that you say she is, then she can certainly choose whether to sit here and listen to me ramble."

Lily tilted her head in confusion as she tried to comprehend what Sirius said, "Thank you?"

"Second, I thought I was your best friend."

James straightened his posture, "You are but—"

"Woah, hold on." Diya sat up fully, putting her hand to her heart and pouting, "I'm your best friend?"