006. OCTOPUS'S GARDEN

CHAPTER SIX! ༉‧₊˚✧ ━━━━ ⋆𖤐₊˚

CHAPTER SIX! ༉‧₊˚✧
━━━━ ⋆𖤐₊˚.༄ ♡ ━━━━

ON THE AFTERNOON of October 31st, 1975, a symphony of screams echoed out of the Fifth Year Girl's dormitories.

Diya Talwar woke up on the floor of her dormitory, with a headache and covered in confetti.

"Happy Birthday, Diya!"

Diya was incredibly tired. So tired that she didn't respond to her friends, instead deciding to stay face down on the floor, groaning in annoyance.

The night before had been a rather grueling Quidditch practice in preparation for the Gryffindor v. Slytherin match coming up in the first week of November. Zoya had especially been pushing Diya, considering this would be her first Quidditch match ever, and Gryffindor wouldn't be playing again until the Hufflepuff match in March.

Diya was exhausted, and she had been excited to sleep in for once.

Groaning once more, she rolled onto her back and stared blankly at the ceiling, leaving the room silent for a few seconds. Begrudgingly, she raised her hand, motioning for someone to lift her off of the ground.

Marlene offered her hand, pulling the girl into a hug, despite her lack of clothing.

Diya pulled back from the hug, trying to cover herself up, uncomfortable only wearing her nightgown. "Right, well, thank you all for this, but can I get ready now?"

Lily shook her head, taking her bottom lip between her teeth in excitement. She brought her hands forward from behind her back and thrust a robe into Diya's hands, motioning for Alice to help the birthday girl put it on.

After the girl was (moderately) covered up, Marlene took Diya's wrist in her hand and began to run, shocking her as the rest of her friends broke into giggles.

Diya nearly took a tumble down the stairs as her friends pulled her, eager for her to get to the Common Room.

She hadn't been awake for two minutes, and she was already tired of the day.

Diya gasped as her vision suddenly went black until she realized that someone had placed their cold hands over her eyes, preventing her from seeing the Common Room.

"Guys, come on, it's too early for this," Diya whined, although she regained her composure when she heard snickers coming from the couch area.

"Alright," Alice continued to stall, and Diya heard shuffling, making her slightly anxious.

"Open your eyes!" The hands left her eyes, and Diya winced at the sudden sunlight.