twenty six

november 10th, 2021

paige

I am not a morning person.

Like at all.

Not even close.

My mom used to call me little owl because ever since I could remember I loved the night. I loved working with the man in the moon and to use the stars as my lamp. I usually kept my room relatively dark because I just liked it. I know it sounds drab and depressing but it wasn't to me.

I have never been a fan of waking up early so as I'm sure you can imagine waking up at seven in the morning was not something I was looking forward to.

Harry is not someone who I can relate to on this point. Yes, the guy likes to sleep in when he isn't doing anything or has a break like any other person, but when he has something to do or get done, he is up with the sun and getting shit done. I swear he should be the face of Nike cause he really does just do it.

He packed the car with all of our stuff, as well as packing the final products. He had done a quick work out, showered, and gotten dressed before waking me up with small kisses around my face with avocado toast and cold brew waiting for me on the nightstand.

"Good morning love," he says close to my ear, his lips trailing from its shell to my cheek.

I squeeze my eyes tightly and rub them with my fists in a feeble attempt to help my poor irises adjust to the harsh morning light. When they finally open I see Harry sitting on the edge of the bed smiling down at me, his thumb running little circles on my cheek. I nuzzle my head into the hand cupping my face for the warmth.

"We have to get going soon. I packed up your backpack with your chargers, laptop, and books and I have pretty much all your toiletries packed in the bathroom so once you use them we can zip them up and put them away. I made you breakfast and coffee and your clothes are layed out."

I sit up from the bed with a hazy smile on my lips.

"As anyone ever told you you are an actual angel," I say, looking in his eyes.

He laughs.

"Just taking care of my girl," he says. "Plus I'm really excited and I have already gotten a lot done today so I'm in the productive state of mind."

I place a quick peck on his pink lips and stand to walk over to the dresser where folded on top is a pair of fresh underwear, of course the blace lacey set that he likes, and a pair of leggings, one of Harry's hoodies, and a fresh pair of socks.

"Thank you for getting all the last minute stuff ready," I say, pulling his shirt over my head so I was just left in shorts.

I don't hear any reply from Harry. Actually, it is strangely quiet. I turn around to see him sitting on the bed gawking at me. His eyes flick away from my bare back that is facing him and meet mine. He clears his throat hastily before speaking.

"Uhm, yeah it was no problem," he says quietly.

I turn back to the dresser and strip of my shorts now completely naked. I hear a groan come over from the spot Harry was currently occupying and turn my head over my shoulder to see him throw himself back onto the sheets and rub his eyes.

"Is there something wrong babe," I ask him, reaching from the black underwear and shimming them up my legs.

Harry shoots up from the bed.

"Is there something wrong?! Yes there is something most definitely wrong! You are standing here naked in front of me and we have to leave in about 10 minutes and you still have to get ready meaning I can't do anything," he whines, pouting his lips like a small child.