ten

paige

Harry and I walked into the Fire and Rain, which was apparently a club that Harry and his friends liked to visit when they were in the area. Luckily because I had him at my side and wasn't asked for my ID when we're met with a big bulky frame blocking the door. He looked at Harry and me and stepped aside to let us through.

I was still 20, turning 21 in January, and so I had only really been able to get into clubs that didn't card too much. I look pretty mature for my age, I always have, so I've never really had the issue of getting carded. Also the majority of bars and clubs didn't card in the city.

I was greeted with the sounds of a heavy bass that I could feel in my bones and the smell of alcohol, sweat, and a night of recklessness. Harry's hand had found its way onto my lower back guiding me over to where his friends and my friend were already sitting and chatting away.

"Hey guys!" Harry said sliding into the booth.

He pulled my hand and bit and I scooted in next to him.

"Hey. We waited for you guys for a bit after the show but it was getting late so we just figured you guys would meet us here," a guy with longer hair said.

I immediately recognized him as Mitch from the band and to his left with her hand lace in his was Sarah.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I uh, I got a little tied up and needed some help and luckily Paige was there to lend me a hand," he said, scratching that back of his head.

You could see the slight blush creep up to his cheeks.

"Oh yeah I'm sure you were really tied up," Mitch says smirking slightly.

Harry leans back into the booth and his arm goes to drape behind me on the booth, his knee touching mine below the table.

"Hi. I'm Mitch. I'm going to be bold and assume that you're Paige," he said extending his hand out over the table for me to shake.

"Hi, yes I'm Paige. It's lovely to meet you. I really admire you as a musician," I say shaking his hand.

It's true. I think he is a wonderful guitarist and musician. He is the one who inspired me to learn to play guitar.

"Thank you. This is my girlfriend Sarah and this is our friend Jolie."

Jolie sits next to Sarah on the edge of the booth.

She has blond hair and piercing blue eyes. She looks at me and gives a forced smile. Sarah reached her hand across the table to mine.

"It's nice to meet the girl that this one over here won't shut up about," Sarah says grinning over at Harry.

I turn to look at him and see him roll his eyes.

"Alright, alright," Harry said as a waitress came over.

I smiled at him and slid my hand down under the table and onto his thigh. No one had noticed because they had all turned to face the waitress to give her our drink orders. I turned to look at the waitress as well to give her my order, but out of the corner of my eye I see Harry look down to his leg to see where my hand was resting. He slowly looked back up and I felt warmth coming down and wrapping around my hand. He intertwined our fingers, keeping them in his lap, rubbing his thumb over my hand. It was relaxing feeling the coolness of his rings against my skin and the feeling of his thumb against the back of my hand.

We stayed like this for a while. Harry holding my hand, this thumb tracing mindless patterns on the back. We were all chatting away, talking about the show here and there, over the loud music. We all had had a few drinks, myself included, and soon Mitch led Sarah out and on to the dance floor. They both start dancing to the beat of the music and soon Maya and Anna get up and go dance to. I feel a hot breath against my ear.

"Do you want to go out there and dance with me?"

Harry's low voice was enough to make me shiver. I was already feeling hot from the alcohol I had consumed tonight and the depth and gravel of his voice was enough to make my insides squeeze. I turn slightly to look at him.

"Sure. But I'm warning you, you might have to help me keep me upright." He laughs slightly.

"Don't worry angel, I will never let you fall." He places a quick kiss on my forehead and we slide out of the booth and he guides me over to the dance floor with his hand on my back.

Once we get onto the dance floor, his hand slips down to my waist and mine slides up his chest and finds their way to around the back of his neck. My fingers interlocking in the small curls at the nape of his neck. We start to move to the steady pulse of the bass. We dance for what seems like hours, him holding me against him and us just swaying around to the beat. My cheeks were starting to hurt from smiling so much. It just felt right. Being with him felt right. I look back for a moment at our table and I see Jolie's eyes on mine. There was a look of pure fire and anger on her face as she glared at Harry and I. I turn back to Harry and try and shake it from my mind.

My head was starting to hurt from the tight knot it had been pulled into. I reached up to where my hair was tied up in a knot and pulled it loose. I shook my head a bit to let my hair fall into it's natural waves. His pupils dilate and fill with a new look. I turn slowly around in his grip so my back is pressed flush against his chest. He pulls my hips back slightly to him and I sway my hips against him. My hands snake to the back of his neck to grasp his curls, it seems to be their new favorite place to be. I'm glad I had a few drinks earlier in the night for some liquid courage, so I really wasn't thinking too much about my actions. I gently tug on his curls to bring his head down a bit and move my hips against him a bit and I hear a slight groan in my ear. He brushes my hair away from my neck and his lips brush on the space on my neck right behind my ear. His arms wrap around my waist and pull completely into his chest.

"Do you want to stay at my place tonight?" He whispers into my ear. I turn around to face him and look up at him and tuck the inside of my cheek.

I put my hand up to cup his cheek and I pull him down to put my forehead on his.

"Absolutely," I say.

I gently press my lips to his and his hand tighten around my waist, pulling me in as close as possible. I pull away and smile and follow him over to the table where Jolie and my friends sat.

"I'm going to steal her away for tonight if that's okay with you guys," Harry says.

I notice Jolie still glaring at me. She quickly throws her drink back and slams it down, taking her bag and walking away.

"Yeah, it's no problem. Please take her away," Maya says.

"We don't mind and I don't think Maddison will mind," Anna said, gesturing her head over to her who was standing by the bar standing in between this guys' legs laughing.

I smile.

"Okay I'll have her home tomorrow," Harry says and he guides me out the club and into the backseat of a black Range Rover.

We get seated and he gives the drive the address of where we are heading while pulling my legs to be closer to him. He keeps his hand on my thigh and I wrap my hand around his bicep, leaning my head down to his shoulder. His thumb rubs circles on the outside of my leg and his head goes to rest on top of mine.

Tonight has been so wonder between getting to see him perform again and going to the club. It all felt like a dream. And then it hit me. He was leaving tomorrow. He was no longer going to be in New York. I know he will come back but what does that mean for us. I mean, I don't even know if there is an "us". I have always had a fear of the unknown and the uncertainty that it holds. Almost as if he could read my mind, he leaned his head up and looked down at me.

"Are you okay darling," he said.

I looked up at him into his eyes. It was almost like I was looking into a forest. I smile. "I'm okay," I say softly. He leans down and presses his lips to mine gently. A for a moment I believed that everything would be alright.

We'll be alright.

hiiiii!! hope you enjoyed this one. kinda short and a filler but yea. i'm excited about the next chapter bc i've had it semi written for a while!!! thank you for reading and lemme know what your thought are!!!