thirty four

december 25th, 2021

paige

I feel the gentle touch of fingertips tracing over my cheekbones.

The soft press of lips to the crown of my head.

A strong arm holding me in place on top of a solid body.

"Paige. Baby," raspy voice whispers against my ear.

My eyes start to flutter open and my retinas are met with rays of sun pouring in from the window. I slowly start to shift my body and clutch Harry's torso in comfort. I feel a chuckle rumble through him.

"We are about to land. We gotta get ready," he says.

I let out a short groan and start to sluggishly push myself up and off him into a seated position.

We were lucky.

After our little pre Christmas gift exchange and a private moment of "thank you"s, we were able to crash right here on the couch in the main cabin. Both of us had been exhausted from the busy activities from the day before. Both of us had spent the day getting last minute preparations done for our trip and tour.

Once both of us are back in an upright seated position, I turn to look out the window behind me, curling my knees up to my chest. I feel Harry scoot in closer to be directly behind me and warp his arm around my middle, chin resting comfortably on my shoulder. I smile and lean my head against his.

My fingers instinctively start to fiddle with the silver circle that now decorated my wrist. The arm that isn't securely wrapped around me, slides up to rest on the bracelet and I smile seeing the ring I gave Harry at home on his ring finger. His finger traces the band and I turn slightly to see him grinning.

"I'm so excited to see you fill this up," he says, his voice still a little raspy and deep from just waking up.

His accent thicker like it is every time he wakes up from a deep sleep.

"I'm excited to fill it up with you."

He turns to meet my gaze and with a lazy smile curled on his pink lips he leans forward and plans a kiss on my lips.

"This is your captain speaking. We are currently preparing for landing. The time in cloudy London England is 5:36 with temperatures in the 30ºs. Thank you for flying with us today."

"Nice part about flying private is when we land we land on a private strip so no one will see. We are gonna be in Holmes Chapel for the majority and then to London for New Years so the chances of being spotted out and about are going to be slimmer."

"I'm so excited to see your hometown. Can we go to the bakery you used to work at? And the river with the chalk wall? And--" I cut myself off as Harry gives me a cheaky grin.

I feel a blush creep up my neck and spill into my cheeks.

"Sorry. Just had one of those moments," I say quietly, trying to hide my face away.

Harry's nose brushes against my cheek and kisses it softly.

"It's okay. And yes. I want to take you all around my home town and show you everything."

I smile and settle in his arms while the plane starts it decent to London.

...

"Surprise!!"

Two women stand next to a black car parked on the side of the runway with a sign that says "Welcome Home Harry and Paige!!" I smile and look at Harry, who is positivity beaming with delight and pure joy. I know how much he missed both his mom and his sister. He tries to call them at least twice a week and texts them all the time, but I know a phone call would never be as good as seeing them in person. I hold my carry on bag in my one hand and in the other my fingers are intertwined with Harry's.