thirteen

paige

"Well. This is me."

We had finished our breakfast coffee date and were walking up to my building, hand in hand.

"Yeah. This is you," he says.

We stop right in front of the door and I turn to face him. Sadness is evident in his seafoam green eyes, the light making them sparkle. I pout my bottom lip a little and he pulls me into his arms, his head finds its place on top of mine. I take a moment to breathe in his scent of vanilla and something else that I couldn't quite place. He smelled like warmth and home. I didn't want to leave the comfort of his arms. I feel him place a kiss on top of my head and I nuzzle farther into him. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a black range rover pull up to the curb and I hold him to me tighter.

"And I'm afraid that this is me darling," he sighs.

We pull apart from each other but my head hangs down.

"Hey," he says, taking my chin between his thumb and index finger, nudging it up to look at him. "I'm coming back soon and when I do, I'm gonna take you out on an official date."

I look at him with shock.

"I want to take you out on a real date and continue what we started. I'll call you and text you and please do the same to me. I want to be able to hear your voice and know what's going on with you while I'm away. I'm not saying goodbye to you baby," he says brushing his thumb against my cheek.

A smile curled on my lips. This could work. I want it to work. He pulls me in and presses his lips gently to mine. It wasn't intense or fiery but it was filled with emotion and promises. We break apart and he rests his forehead on mine.

"I have to go," he says brushing my hair.

I nod.

"Okay. I'll see you later," I say looking into his eyes.

He smiles.

"I'll see you later darling."

He leaves a kiss on my lips and walks toward the car, opening the door to the back seat. He looks back at me and waves and I smile back at him. He gets in the car and drives away. I watch till the car is out of sight. I feel my phone buzz and look down to check the notification.

H: I'll see you soon :)

I smile down at my phone and walk inside.

...

I open my door to find Maddison laying on her stomach on my bed asleep. I shake her slightly and she groans, her eyes opening slightly.

"Hi," I say. "I'm home. Where's Anna?"

"I don't know I think she went to give Maya her belt back," she said, shutting her eyes again.

"Okay. I was gonna see if you guys wanted to go to Central Park on your last day?"

"Ask her. I'm still sleeping. I'll meet you guys there. Just text me."

I chuckle softly and head toward the door to go to Maya's room. Once I get there, I twist the knob, knowing she keeps her door unlocked, and walk in.

"Hey. Maddison said that-"

I stop dead in my tracks.

I see Maya and Anna sitting on her bed on the other side of the room. Well Anna was laying down and Maya was on top of her straddling her waist, both of their shirts were next to them on the floor.

Their lips were locked together and Maya's hands were running up and down Anna's body. They break away quickly and turn to look at me with a shocked look on their faces.