thirty one

november 25, 2021

harry

Even though I am being completely swallowed by the comforter, I feel cold.

My arms that were once wrapped around the beautiful girl, radiating warmth, were now empty. The body that was once snuggled into me, was nowhere to be found.

I stretch out my arms and scrunch my eyes closed before pressing myself up and looking around. The bed next to me is empty, but still slightly warm, meaning she couldn't have been gone too long. I sit up fully and swing my legs off the side of the bed before rubbing my eyes and ruffling my bed head. I stand up, twisting my torso, cracking my back and I slowly start to walk to her door to go searching for the red hair that has consumed my thoughts.

I step into the hallway and smell some kind of cooking coming from downstairs and very faintly hear humming. I walked down the hallway, seeing that Lauren's door was shut, meaning she was still sleeping. I tried to be as quiet as I could as I carefully tiptoed to the stairs and then avoided the one stair that creeked on my way down to the lower level. My feet hit the cold tile floor at the base of the stairs and I walk towards the smell of cooking food flowing from the kitchen.

My eyes are greeted by the image of flowing red curls cascading down a back covered in an oversized Greenbay Packers hoodie. Paige was stood humming to herself, standing in front of the stove, stirring something unseen to me in front of her. My hoodie going mid thigh on her and covering the shorts she had on. She was swaying back and forth to the beat of the song and my heart nearly burst.

There she was just living in her own little world and I'm the lucky bastard she let me in. I smile to myself creeping slowly toward my girl in the kitchen being as quiet as I could.

"Hi baby," I say when I reach her and wrap my arms around her from behind.

I peer over her shoulder slightly to see her beautiful face go from calm and serene to shocked in the blink of an eye.

"Oh my god! Harry," she says, placing her free hand over her heart and slowly starting to melt into my touch.

I chuckle softly before placing my lips against the soft skin of her cheek.

"Sorry love," I mumble against her warm cheek.

She turns around in my arms as I straighten out my posture and look down at her. Her bottom lip pushes out into a pout as her eyes look up at me with a hint of sadness.

"You were supposed to be asleep. I was gonna make you breakfast in bed," she says in a childish tone.

"I'm sorry but I have become quite accustomed to having you snuggled into me so when you're gone I struggle," I say and now it was my turn to pout.

"You always surprise me and do all the cliche romantic things and of course the time I try you wake up and catch me," she says.

"How bout this," I say leaning down and placing my lips right under her ear, my hands holding her lower back and pressing her into me. "How about I go back upstairs and pretend like I never came down here and then you come up and surprise me? Sound good?"

She looks up at me, a smile crawling onto her face. Her eyes today are holding a little more green to them today and still looking a little soft and sleepy from waking up not too long ago. She nods her head.

"Yes. Let's do that."

I smile and lean down to press a gentle kiss to her lips but she leans back stopping me from connecting our lips.