twenty

paige

october 29, 2021

Harry had opted to drive himself and I to the restaurant in his black Range Rover instead of asking his driver. He kept his one hand on my thigh, rubbing his thumb over my leg, in an attempt to calm my nerves. It wasn't until we had gotten into the car and start to drive that the butterflies had landed in my stomach. Harry had said that Jeff was less of his manager at this point and more of just one of his best friends. I don't really know why, but that honestly made me even more nervous.

We pulled up to the restaurant and he got out and ran around to the passenger side of the car and opened my door.

"M'lady," he said jokingly bowing slightly.

I smile at his gesture and slipp my hand into his extended one, stepping out of the car. He pressed a kiss into my temple and led me up to the doors of the establishment. He handed his keys to the valet service and opened the doors up for me. It was a beautiful restaurant. It was a black and white theme with splashes of red and gold. It also had an old timey feel to it. A man stood up from a table not too far away from us and waved. I saw Harry smile and lead me over to him.

"Harry! It's nice to see you! What has it been? 6? 7 hours?"

Both of them chuckled.

"Hey Jeff. Thanks for letting me bring this one."

"No problem at all. I am so excited to meet you. You must be Paige."

I nod.

"It's lovely to meet you. Harry speaks so highly of you," I say as Jeff pulls me in for a quick hug.

"That's surprising seeing as Harry is one of the meanest people I know."

I laugh and see Harry roll his eyes. He pulls out my chair for me and I thank him quietly. He leans down to kiss my head. Once we are all seated, we look over our menus and not even a minute later and a waiter in a crisp suit walks over and asks for our drink order.

"I'll have a scotch on the rocks please," Jeff said.

The waiter nodded and turned to me.

"Can I get an apple martini," I say hoping they wouldn't ask for my ID.

Once again the waiter just nodded and looked over at Harry.

"Just water for me. Driving. Got to get her home safely," Harry says.

I smile over at him as our waiter walks away to get us our drinks.

"So Harry's shown me your little project. And he wants you to sing it with him tomorrow night," he says, folding his hands on the table in front of him.

I nod. Jeff was the person who honestly needed to approve this. Yes, it's Harry's tour and he's the one in charge, but I know that Jeff's stamp of approval is very important to him. Jeff is a great friend to Harry and I know Harry takes his opinion to heart, but he does also have a job. And his job is to make sure Harry still looks good in the public light.

"Harry proposed the idea to me earlier today and I am not going to lie, I was a little apprehensive. But he sent me the song and I must say I was quite impressed. I like the idea, and I don't see a reason why you shouldn't join him tomorrow night. I think that the crowd would like to see someone join him and it'll be a nice surprise to kick off the event."

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding and I felt Harry's hand snake up to rest on my thigh. He rubs gentle circles on my leg and smiles.