26 - It's the End of Us

You have no idea how much I cried writing this.

Marinette's POV

Prom... The one night where girls get to be real-life princesses. It's the night I've been dreaming of since I'm 10.

It's kinda bittersweet, because it marks the end of high school, but the beginning of adult life. I feel excited but scared at the same time. The unknown is such a thrilling sensation...

Right now, I'm at the Agreste mansion doing my nails with Chloe. Our dresses are gorgeous but uncomfortable and inconvenient, so we decided to wear them right before leaving for prom.

"Kim said he would hide a bottle of vodka in his tux, so we should get tipsy right before entering school." Chloe said as she painted her nails navy blue.

"Oh, I don't know if I want to get drunk, Chloe..." I replied awkwardly.

"Is this about your new healthy lifestyle? Cause I haven't seen you drink, or even attend a party in months." She asked with a suspicious tone.

"There's nothing wrong with taking care of my liver, right?" I asked, desperately wanting to change subjects.

"Whatever, more for me!" She said cheerfully, and I let out a sigh of relief.

After my light pink nails and her navy blue nails dried, we did our hair. Chloe put her hair in a high ponytail with braids on each side of her head. I put my hair in a low messy bun, also with braids on each side of my head.

"Adrien should be back by now..." Chloe commented. "He said his meeting would end at 3, and it's already 4."

"I wouldn't worry about it, guys can probably get ready in 10 minutes." I replied.

At this moment, we heard the front door open and close. Chloe gave me a 'well, speak of the Devil' look and I smiled.

Though I smiled, I was incredibly nervous, because I promised myself that I would tell him about our baby today. Telling him on the day of prom was probably a stupid idea, but I know that if I keep telling myself 'later', I'll never do it.

And Alya's right. He deserves to know. And I deserve to know his reaction, whether good or bad. I don't want to be wandering about it in New York.

Speaking of which, I sublet my apartment so I'm staying at the Agreste mansion for a few weeks! I'm leaving for New York in a month, to be exact.

My Vogue internship is too precious. I fought with Damien to be able to keep it despite my moving, and he made some arrangements so that I could work from NY.

"Wow, our hair actually look nice." Chloe said, impressed, looking at our reflection in front of her giant mirror.

"Told ya, no need to overpay for a nail and hair lady, we can do this ourselves!" I replied cockily. "The limo is scheduled for 5, right?"

"Yup, we still have an hour. Let's put on our dresses and take pictures!" She squealed.