9 - Is It Too Late?

Adrien's POV

"Adrikins do you know where my cheer uniform is?!" I heard my step-sister scream from her room.

"How the fuck would I know that?!" I screamed back as I tried to comb my hair in front of my bathroom mirror.

"Never mind, found it!" She replied.

Today is game day: Black Cats vs. Blue Vipers. The game that will determine who gets to go on that free trip to London.

A few minutes later, Chloe barged in my room unhappily.

"That's it. You've had an attitude all week, what's up with you?" She leaned her body against my bathroom door and crossed her arms.

"I'm sorry..." I sighed. "Guess I'm just nervous about the game"

"You're not fooling me, Adrien" She said with a serious tone.

"Fine... It's about a girl" I admitted, and her eyes widened in shock.

"Is this about you and Mari? She's had an attitude all week too"

"I don't know Chloe, I try not to think about it because I need to stay focused on school, football, and everything else in my life" I groaned.

"Look... I've never understood the bizarre obsession that you two have for each other, but it's been years. Maybe it's time to stop playing games"

"Yeah, tell that to her..." I mumbled, thinking about her stunt at the nurse's office the other day.

"You're the one who had a threesome two days ago. You should stop fooling around with other girls if you want Mari to take you seriously" She pointed her finger at me, and I shrugged.

"I'm serious, Adrikins. You're not 16 anymore, we're all entering adulthood, it's time to act like it" She said before leaving.

Marinette's POV

I was not particularly excited to go to Heritage High School today. The last thing I wanted was to see Lila.

But hey, I can't let the Lilas of this world get to me every time. I'll put on a smile, hike up my skirt and ignore her if it comes down to it.

Chloe texted me that she was coming in a minute. I tightened my ponytail, straightened my cheer uniform and put on my white sneakers.

I hopped in the limo next to Chloe with Adrien facing me. Damn it, the scar on his face makes him look even hotter than usual.

"Ready for the big game?" I asked chirpily.

"Yup, I can't wait for you to scream my name out there" Adrien teased, and I scoffed in response.

When we arrived at Heritage, a bunch of girls jumped on Adrien and asked for pictures. They clung to his every word like pigeons with food. I rolled my eyes and walked away.

"Hoe alert, 4 o'clock" Chloe whispered in my ear. I tilted my head and spotted Lila giving me a stank eye.

"Ugh, whatever" I groaned.

Then, we heard some very high-pitched squeals behind us. We turned around and my heart dropped inside my chest.

Adrien was kissing one of the girls he was talking to. I gulped and tilted my head upwards in anger.

"Whatever you're thinking of doing, don't. Not today. Adrien cannot be distracted during the game. And neither can you" Chloe said.

"I don't know what you mean..." I replied innocently.