7 - Midnight Cuddles

Adrien's POV

Ok, so maybe I shouldn't have stormed out of Marinette's apartment like a crazy person. I owe her an explanation... But how am I supposed to come up with one when I don't even know why I got so upset?

She's allowed to date whoever she wants. Just the thought of her laughing with him right this instant... angers me for some reason.

We have a gym at the mansion, so I decided to do some cardio to clear my thoughts. I have to get this blue-eyed girl out of my mind.

Then, as I was doing push-ups, it came to me: I'm not angry at the fact that Luka's taking Marinette out. I'm angry at who I've become over the past few years.

I've become a guy that girls don't take seriously. No one wants to truly love me, no one wants to trust me or be faithful to me.

I gave up on the possibility of love because I stopped believing in myself. The world convinced me that I was a stupid, rich and superficial model. And that's who I became. I guess we really do become what we believe.

Only now do I realize how much I need love, but also how much I need someone to love and cherish with all my heart. I need a princess to spoil...

Of course, Mari has to pop up in my head once again.

Suddenly, I heard someone violently knock at the door, so I stopped doing push-ups. I put on a t-shirt and wiped my sweat with a towel.

I wonder who it could be... My father and Audrey are gone on a business trip, and Chloe is at her father's place for the week.

I headed towards the front door and opened it.

"Hey, is Chloe home?" Marinette asked. She was... gorgeous. Her hair was curled and she was wearing a red flowy summer dress.

"No, she's at her dad's" I replied. Then, she rolled her eyes in exasperation.

"Right... I'm so dumb, I completely forgot. Sorry" She said with a fake smile. She was about to leave, but I grabbed her by the wrist. She seemed upset, and I wanted to know why.

"Why aren't you on your date?" I asked, and she looked down.

"It... didn't go so well" She explained vaguely.

Her facial expression revealed a mix of disappointment and anger.

"What the fuck did he do to you?" I asked, and the thoughts running through my head made my blood boil.

"I- I don't want to bother you with my silly boy problems, Adrien" She said, and my heart stung a bit. Doesn't she trust me?

"Mari, I'm your friend. And I can tell that you're not well. Please talk to me?" I pleaded. She sighed and nodded.

"Can I come in?" She asked, and I let her through.

"In short... As you know, Luka and I have been hanging out, often with other people but it was really just the two of us. I developed a crush on him, and I thought he did too, but..." She looked down and stopped.

"But?" I insisted.

She took a deep breath to suppress her anger. "Today, I accidentally checked his notifications. I mean, we have the exact same phone so I thought it was my phone, but it was his, and I saw a bunch of texts from his friends..."

I shook my head in questioning, not knowing where this was going.

"...Turns out I was a dare. Or some kind of challenge, I don't know. I asked him about it, and he didn't say anything for a minute, so I just left" Marinette finished.