19 - Tricky Ride

I have so many ideas for the plot, this book is gonna contain like 50 chapters... That or I'm gonna separate the story in two books 😹

Marinette's POV

4 months later, it was finally time for the last football match of the year, in London. We're going to play against Woodside High School, and if we win, our school will get the gold metal and $10,000...

Adrien and I have been on edge lately, him because of his father's business and extracurricular activities, and me because of my internship and Mom's death.

Yes, Mom died 3 months ago... However, the nurse told me that she had a small smile on her face when her heart stopped beating. The thought of it is bittersweet.

I miss her, but at the same time, I'm glad that she's not suffering anymore... And I'm glad that she's now reunited with the love of her life, my father. I need to stay positive, otherwise I'm just gonna cry and I won't be able to stop.

Right now, I'm working on the psychology project with Adrien and later I'm gonna pack my bags. We're leaving tomorrow, on Friday, and coming back Sunday night.

"Oookay, so endorphins and oxytocin are released during sex, and these feel-good hormones activate pleasure centers in the brain that create feelings of intimacy and relaxation and help reduce anxiety and depression..." I was sitting on Adrien's lap and writing on the laptop.

"... Which is why sex with you is so addictive" Adrien smiled and kissed my neck.

"Nope, none of that now, the project is due this weekend..." I pushed his face away and glared at him playfully.

"We're almost done with the conclusion, we could take a small break" He proposed. I was about to reply, but he kissed the back of my hand and stared at me with baby doll eyes.

"Oh, fiiiine, help me choose an outfit for the awards ceremony" I freed myself from his embrace.

I skipped towards my closet and opened it. My eyes skimmed through some of my fancy dresses.

"Wear something red" I heard Adrien say behind my back. I shook my head in disapproval.

"I almost always wear red... How about... this?" I took out a pink lacy dress.

 this?" I took out a pink lacy dress

"Wait... Did you make this with the fabrics I got you from China?" Adrien tilted his head with a goofy smile on his face.

"Yep" I replied proudly, and his smile widened.

"It's perfect" He said. I grabbed a pair of silver stilettos to match the sparkly details on the pockets, and carefully put everything in my luggage.

"I can't believe we're leaving tomorrow and you still haven't packed your bags yet" Adrien scolded, and I just shrugged.

"I was busy" I explained simply. I was actually procrastinating, but whatever. "Okay, now let's finish this godforsaken project and submit it" I clasped my hands in resolution.