15 - Adrien's Legacy

Warning: I'm not even gonna put warnings anymore. This story contains sex and sexual references. Voilà.

Adrien's POV

I woke up at around 5am, as usual. Ever since I was a little kid, I was forced to wake up before the sunrise for photoshoots, private lessons, etc... So my body is used to this weird sleep pattern.

It was still dark outside and I could barely see Marinette sleeping next to me. I was spooning her as she snuggled in my chest. She smelled like flowers and sugar and it made my heart swell.

My throat was super dry so I carefully got out of bed and headed towards the kitchen. In a half-dazed state, I didn't even notice my father doing some paperwork in the living room.

"Good morning son" He said. His voice startled me and my eyes nearly jumped out of their sockets.

"Jesus..." I put a hand on my chest in shock. "When did you get back from Japan?"

"About 3 hours ago. I'm still jet lagged. Sit down" He ordered, motioning to the chair in front of him.

I wondered what he wanted to talk about. I yawned gently and sat down. He closed his laptop and looked me in the eye.

"Son, when you're 21, you'll be COO of Gabriel Designs. You'll be my right-hand man and I want you to prepare for this huge responsibility as of now" My father said firmly.

I always knew that my career would be somehow linked to my father's company, but I never knew that it would happen so soon...

"Um... Okay? What do I have to do?" I asked hesitantly.

"First, you will accompany me during my international business trips. You will get to know our business partners and they will get to know you" He explained.

"Every business trip?" I half-yelled incredulously. That's a lot of travel.

"Yes, every business trip" He confirmed. "You will also major in Business Administration at Oxford. You've already got an early acceptance. Congratulations"

"What?" I shrieked. "You sent my college applications already?!"

"Do not raise your voice at me!" He ordered angrily, before composing himself. "Yes, you will study in the best university of Europe"

I sighed in defeat. Of course, ever since I'm a kid he made sure to give me the, quote, 'best opportunities' out there. I had to fight so hard just to go to a normal school. Although Natalie is very nice, she's not teacher material at all.

"College is only 4 years. Plus, you're gonna be able to fly to Paris anytime you want" He reassured me.

"Wait... You're gonna let me use your helicopter?" I asked with one brow raised. I swear, he loves that thing more than me. And I was never allowed to use it without him.

"Not only that, but..." He started and threw a thick manuscript on the table. I looked at it with fear and confusion.

"...I'm giving you 25% of the company's shares... And financial independence" He declared, and I nearly choked on my spit.

"You don't need to give me more money..." I whispered.

"You're an Agreste heir. And you're 18, you're an adult now. Power and money is your legacy. Interpret this as an act of trust on my part"

"Very well, Father. I won't disappoint you. May I be excused?"

"I know you won't disappoint me. And yes, you may" He replied before continuing his work.