17 - New York?

Oh my, thank you for 400 views and all the votes! It makes me so so happy 💓💓

Marinette's POV

Today is Saturday, and this morning, I organized a fashion show with Chris Garcia, the creative director of Pearl Designs.

Pearl Designs is a well-known fashion brand and a lot of people are looking forward to this event. Chris gave me a free ticket front seat, and my name is going to be displayed in the creative team of the brand.

Theme? Space. We chose a lot of black and navy blue clothing, with star and moon patterns. A lot of silver as well to create a futuristic/robotic vibe.

Venue? The Louvre Museum. It's one of the most artistic places in Paris, so it only makes sense to host a fashion show there.

Models? Women in their 20s and 30s of all ethnicities. I hate to "pick" models, but some faces just fit for certain types of clothing. For example, mom jeans look terrible on me, and amazing on other girls.

Date? Somewhere in April. It's gonna be right after my trip to London with the cheer and football team.

Chris and I worked in his office. His office was very big, the light grey walls made it seem corporate, like a lawyer's office, but fashion sketches and pictures were decorating the place.

There's one conversation that I can't get out of my head...

"Marinette, you're a senior in high school, right?" Chris asked as he worked on some paperwork.

"Yeah, I'm graduating François Dupont High School this year" I replied as I examined some of Pearl's dresses on my laptop.

"Will you study fashion in college?" He asked curiously.

"Actually... I was accepted at both IFA Paris and Parsons School of Design... in New York" I said sheepishly.

"Both great schools, but you know Parsons is better, right?" He looked up from his work.

"Yeah... And I've always wanted to go to New York for college. But... I have a life here, you know?" I replied, thinking about my friends, family and Adrien.

"Marinette..." He started with a serious tone. "The fashion industry is callous. Competitive. You're blessed to have talent, an internship at Vogue and such deep connections within..." He continued, probably referring to my closeness to Gabriel and Audrey.

"So you think I should go to New York?" I sighed.

"Paris is where big shots, usually old people, expand their brand and fortune. New York is where big shots are born" He explained.

"You're right..." I admitted. Maybe I should go to New York. After all, Adrien is going to England as well... But what would that do to us? Can long distance really work...?

After a few hours of work, I returned home and finished my homework. I received a million messages about Adrien and I dating, and it's starting to get on my nerves...

I did what any anxious girl would do: I took a long bubble bath with a good romance novel.

I also posted a picture of my date with Adrien so that people would stop asking me the obvious. We're not just friends anymore!

My phone started ringing next to me. I closed my book and picked up, it was Adrien.

"Hi handsome" I smiled.

"Hey Princess how was your day?" He asked over the phone.

"Very good! It was such a fun experience to plan a fashion show with Chris Garcia, of all people. I'm home now, exhausted. What's up?" I asked.

"I'm in the limo on my way home from a photoshoot.... And I'm also thinking about you" He said with his deep voice, which made me smile.

"Aw I'm thinking about you too" I giggled.

"So... What are you wearing?" He asked out of the blue, and I burst out laughing.

"Not much... Well, nothing actually. I'm taking a bath" I laughed.

"You shouldn't have done what you did yesterday night..." He scolded.

"I like to tease you, I guess it's an old habit that I picked up from your flirting, so you're to blame" I explained cockily.

"All right, fair enough..."

"Are you going to Chloe's Halloween party at the mayor's hotel, next Saturday?" I asked.

"No, I can't... I'm going on a business trip with my dad next Friday for like a week. I was actually about to tell you right now" He said, and my heart dropped inside my chest.

"A week? Where? Wait... Why are you going with him? Is that a thing now since you own 25% of the shares... or whatever?"

I really don't want him to go. It's selfish, but Gabriel is never in Paris and if Adrien starts to travel with him, then that means that he will never be in Paris too...

"We're going to China for a week and I'm going because my dad wants me to meet his business partners from all around the world" He explained, and I sighed.

"Kay... Well China is a very pretty country... I'm gonna miss you" I tried to be supportive, even though I was kinda sad.

"I promise we'll spend a lot of time before I leave. But I'm gonna miss you too my love. I'm almost home, so I'm gonna hang up now... Good night"

"Yeah, good night" I hung up.

I took a deep breath and put my phone down. I haven't even realized that the water got cold, so I stepped out of the bath tub and wrapped a towel around my body.

I dried my hair, brushed my teeth and put my night silk dress on. Like I said, I had an exhausting day so I immediately fell asleep.

-

This chapter is kinda lame but I had to write it for the sake of the plot... I have a lot of ideas for what's next. Please vote and comment! I love you! 🥰