11 - On a Rainy Parisian Day

Incoming a jelly cinnamon roll...

Marinette's POV

As the sun's rays beamed down through the hotel window, I rolled around in bed and groaned... I was hungover, and I had a terrible headache.

I remembered falling asleep next to Adrien, but he wasn't there anymore. I looked at the clock and practically jumped out of bed.

It's already 11 p.m?!

There was a note on the nightstand:

' Good morning sleeping beauty, I hope you had a nice sleep. I have a photo shoot early today so I have to go... You looked too peaceful so I didn't wake you. See you tomorrow at school xx '

I smiled at the note and then texted Chloe to thank her for letting me crash at the hotel. Then, I got a phone call from an unknown number.

"Hello?" I picked up, wondering who it was.

"Hey, is this Marinette?" A familiar, friendly voice asked.

"Yeah, who is this?"

"It's Alya, from your literature class. Remember me?"

"Oh, yes! Hi Alya! What's up?" I asked chirpily.

"So I showed your designs to one of my bosses, and he ah-dored them. He wants to sign a contract you!" She said excitedly, and my heart skipped a beat.

"W- Hold on, are you serious right now?!" I almost screamed.

"YES! Can you come to the Vogue agency today around 2 p.m.? I'll text you the address"

"Alya, oh my god, I can't believe that you did this for me, I'm so happy!" I squealed.

She laughed over the phone.

"No worries girl, you know the fashion industry. Always looking for new ideas and young talents" She giggled.

"May I ask, who's your boss? Maybe I've heard about him"

"It's Damien Smith, a fashion editor and model"

My jaw dropped and my heart started beating faster.

"Wait... Wasn't he on the cover for the June issue? As the Most Eligible Bachelor in Paris?!?" I asked in disbelief.

"Girl, I still can't believe that I work with him. I mean, he is gorgeous... And he's only two years older than us, can you believe that?"

"Okay, okay, okay... I need to shower, get dressed and mentally prepare myself because I am a mess right now. See you later Alya!"

"See ya!"

I hung up and immediately started panicking. I rushed out of the hotel like a crazy person and got to my apartment to get ready for this meeting.

Damien Smith is so accomplished for his age... He's definitely my celeb crush. He's the youngest editor at Vogue and I've always admired his work.

And like Alya said, he's gorgeous. People say that he could look at a woman the right way and she would faint...

I decided to put on a blazer dress and black pumps. I curled my long hair and let them down. I looked at the mirror and realized that when I put some effort into it, I can literally look like I'm in my early twenties.

 I looked at the mirror and realized that when I put some effort into it, I can literally look like I'm in my early twenties