4 - A New Friend

Adrien's POV

In the morning, I headed to the dining room for breakfast after doing my business in the bathroom. My father and step-mother already left to work, so it was only Chloe, Marinette and I.

The maids had prepared a big breakfast, as usual. There were trays of fresh fruits, eggs, bacon and crepes on the table.

Chloe and Marinette were having a conversation over coffee.

"Good morning, Adrien" Marinette greeted. Her hair was up in a messy bun and she was wearing a simple black t-shirt and grey sweatpants.

"Hey Mari" I replied as I headed towards the coffee machine.

Chloe yawned. "Adrikins, do you mind getting me another cup of coffee?" She asked and I nodded in response.

"What were you guys talking about?" I asked as I sat down in front of them and gave Chloe her coffee.

"Oh, nothing..." Chloe started. "I was just saying that Luka's co-captain, Nathaniel, is cuter than Luka and Mari was disagreeing with me"

"Come on, they're both nice guys but Luka is wayyy better looking than Nate" Mari said.

"Ladies... I think we can all agree that I'm more handsome than both of them" I grinned and winked at Marinette, who rolled her eyes at me.

"Adrien, you're a model, you're not allowed to say stuff like that" Marinette retorted, and my grin only widened.

"What's that supposed to mean, Princess?" I asked, and I swear her cheeks pinked a bit.

She scoffed. "Whatever... I'm gonna go get ready for school..." She got up and left the room.

My gaze lingered on her walking away and my grin never faltered.

"Well well welll, lookie lookie what we have here..." Chloe nudged my shoulder playfully and wiggled her eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" I feigned ignorance.

"Come on brother, you're crushing on Marinette! It's so obvious!" She stated, and I frowned.

"She's just a friend" I shrugged.

"Please..." She scoffed in disbelief.

Chloe finished her coffee and violently ruffled my hair to annoy me. She then went to her room, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Marinette's POV

"Hello class, a new student will be joining us today. Please introduce yourself" My literature teacher said to a new girl.

I was reading my book, but my attention turned to the front of the classroom. The new girl was very pretty. She had tanned skin, brown hair with red streaks and hazel eyes.

"Hi everyone, my name is Alya and I just transferred from Heritage High School!" She waved. She was very confident and looked friendly.

I was sitting alone, because I knew no one in this class. I gestured for her to come sit next to me, and she did.

"Hi, I'm Marinette, it's nice to meet you" I introduced myself with a smile.

"Nice to meet you too!" She replied. The class started in a few minutes so we could talk a bit.

"Why did you transfer from Heritage?"

"I have an internship at Vogue and as you know, the publishing house is right across the street. I was tired of taking the bus 4 times a day so I decided to switch schools" Alya replied, and my eyes widened in shock.