2 - The Project

Author's note: This is fanfic is nothing, NOTHING like "Sweet Secret", I've never read that story but apparently there's something traumatizing in it related to a "project"; my fanfic is nothing of the sort.

Adrien's POV

The first football practice went pretty well. My team and I have been playing together for 3 years now, and if we win every game this year, we'll go to London for the internationals. It's been our goal since the beginning.

"You know the whole school's betting on you and Marinette, right?" Nino said as we entered the changing rooms.

"What? Seriously?" I asked in shock.

"I mean, look at you two... You'd be perfect together" He stated.

"I don't think so. She's just a friend" I replied, and I swear his eyes rolled into another galaxy.

"Dude, stop it with the f word already. Also, dump that Lila bitch, she's just using you" He said and I scoffed.

"I don't care if she's only using me, she's good in bed" I replied shamelessly as I changed into my regular clothes.

"Come on Adrien, it's senior year. Don't you think it's time to drop the bad boy act, it's getting kinda old and cliche" He said with a serious tone.

"Okay, Father" I said sarcastically. Even though I hated to get lectured on my behavior, I can't deny that he's right.

"See you at lunch?" I asked him.

"Yeah" Nino replied. We did our special handshake and I left the changing rooms.

Marinette's POV

The first cheer practice went pretty well. The girls and I are super excited for this year, because if the Black Cats play well, we might all go on a trip to London.

"You know the whole school's betting on you and Adrien, right?" Chloe said as we entered the locker rooms.

"What? For real?" I almost choked on my own spit.

"Yeah... If Adrien wasn't such a man-slut you guys would be a solid couple" She said with an eye roll.

"I don't think he's my type, Chloe. Besides, he's with Lila. And things are moving between Luka and I" I beamed.

"Right! The party! We should go shopping for an outfit tonight" Chloe squealed excitedly.

"Don't you think we have enough clothes?" I asked playfully.

"Never enough" She replied, and I giggled.

I got out of my cheer uniform and put on a pair of black skinny jeans with a baby blue crop top. My hair still looked good after the practice, so I left them in a high ponytail. Chloe insisted on taking a shower, so I waved her goodbye and decided to go to the library.

As I got out, I bumped into someone and almost fell on my face. However, a pair of strong arms caught me.

"Sorry..." I apologized immediately. I looked up and saw a bright green eyes. It was Adrien.

"No need to apologize, Princess" He replied with a smirk.

"How many times do I need to tell you to stop calling me that?" I said with an annoyed tone, as I straightened my crop top.

"Right... Sorry M'Lady" He replied and his smirk widened.

I was about to protest, but my phone rang. It was Luka. I immediately picked up and smiled like an idiot.

"Good morning beautiful!" He said on the phone.

"Hey Luka!" I beamed.

"You're still coming to my party, correct?"

"Of course! Saturday at 8pm, right? Oh, and can I bring Chloe too?"

"Yeah, of course!" He said.

Adrien poked my shoulder repeatedly and pointed his index finger towards him. I frowned and gestured for him to shut up and stop poking me. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Um, can Agreste come too?" I asked Luka. He paused.

"Yeah, not a problem. See you Saturday!" He said hesitantly and hung up.

"Ugh, why do you want to come anyway?" I asked Adrien as we walked towards the library. He just shrugged.

Adrien's POV

I couldn't help but feel a bit jealous at how cute Marinette got while talking to Luka. The way she was adorably flustered, the way she fiddled with her hair and smiled goofily... No girl has ever acted this way for me.

As we walked towards the library, she rambled about her love for fashion design. I smiled at how overly passionate she got over silly things, like strappy back dresses or pearl necklaces.

"You still read these crazy romance novels?" I asked once we got to the library.

"They're not crazy! And yeah, the guys in books are always much better than guys in real life" She replied cockily.

"Your standards are too high, that's why you don't have a boyfriend even if you're gorgeous" I said.

"My standards aren't too high, I just haven't found the right guy yet..." She sighed and looked at her feet.

"What about Luka?" I asked as I opened the library door for her.

"I guess I'll have to wait and see..." She grinned.

We went to the lockers to put our gym bags away. We talked for a bit until it was time to go to class.

"Don't we have first class together?" She asked.

"Yup, psychology with Miss Bustier. Wanna sit together?" I replied.

"Sure!"

We entered the classroom and sat down next to each other. When the teacher came in, the students stopped talking and opened their textbooks.

"Good morning, class! As you know, you have a final project to submit before the end of the year. It's definitely the hardest project you'll have to do in high school, and it's in teams of two. Choose your partner wisely..." Miss Bustier said.

Marinette and I immediately looked at each other and nodded. We're both hardworking and at the top of our classes, so with her, I know I'm gonna get a good grade.

"You will have to do a research about the human bonds. The relationship between friends, a parent and a child, a woman and a man... It's your pick" The teacher continued.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm happy to have the opportunity to get to know Marinette better. During the past few years, I was nothing more than her best friend's brother.

I hope that maybe that's gonna change this year...