20 - Mess in London

Marinette's POV

After the train ride, we arrived at the hotel during lunch time. We're going to put our stuff in our rooms and then go eat at nearby restaurants.

The British air is refreshing, April flowers are blooming and the sky is blue. London has a different vibe, the good kind, and everything would be perfect if I wasn't doubting Adrien's loyalty.

Adrien and I share the same hotel room, on the 3rd floor. Chloe and Kim's room is right next to ours. The four of us got our keycards from the receptionist at the front desk and headed towards the elevator.

"We might bump into Woodside students, they're staying at this hotel too" Kim said.

"Don't they live here? Why would they stay at a hotel?" Adrien asked.

"Actually, they're from Cheshire which is further north of England. The school where we're playing isn't Woodside High School, it's another random school" Kim explained.

"I hope they're nice" I commented.

"Anyways, there's an Italian place on Wellington street, it's a 10 minute walk, do you guys want to go eat there?" Chloe proposed.

"Yeah, sure" We all nodded in approval.

"Okay, so let's all freshen up and meet at the lobby in 30 minutes" She concluded.

The elevator doors opened and we headed to our respective rooms. The windows displayed a nice view of the city and there were two single beds.

"Mari?" Adrien asked as I opened my luggage.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Is something wrong? You've been awfully quiet the whole train ride" He opened his luggage as well.

I debated whether I should tell him about my worries so we could discuss them. It's probably the sane thing to do, but the thought of Lila just... riled me up."Yeah, everything's peachy!" I said with a fake smile.

Before he could reply, I unfolded two different tops and asked him which one I should wear. "I'm gonna wear a black mini skirt. Should I wear this cobalt blue sweater or... this grey off-shoulder tee?"

"Sweater. Cobalt blue is a nice color on you" He replied with a wink.

Coach Damocles allowed us to hang out in the city for the rest of the day, as long as we all make it back to the hotel before 9pm. He wants us to be focused for the games tomorrow. After lunch, Adrien, Chloe, Kim, Nino and I are gonna go shopping.

Adrien took off his sweatpants and t-shirt and changed into a pair of black jeans and a grey blouse. He looked so hot that I almost forgot I was mad at him. I also changed clothes and then made an excuse to go talk to Chloe.

"Oh no... I don't have any earrings for this outfit. Chloe probably brought a ton of them. I'll be right back" I said with a fake pout and then left the room.

I knocked at their door and the blonde girl greeted me in. Thank God, both of them were already dressed. "Guys, I don't know what's going on with me, I'm acting weird, I don't know what to do!" I whined.

"Is this about Adrien and Lila?" Kim asked, and I nodded desperately.

Chloe clasped her hands and sighed. "Okay. I've been thinking about it, and I think that you should try to make him jealous"

I frowned in confusion. "What? How is that gonna help?"

She fixed her hair in a ponytail. "We all know that Adrien has had a crush on you since he's like, 13. Right?" She questioned, but it was more of a statement. Kim nodded and I blushed.