Story 8 - "Movie Night"

Based: Sometime during later season 2, once they are all friends again
We will pretend that Landon never came back, and they lived on perfectly fine without him :)

Hope, Josie and Lizzie were all having a movie night in the twins' room. They had plenty of snacks and drinks: including popcorn candy, chocolate, some coke, and some lemonade. Lizzie's laptop was set up, and using some magic they projected the screen onto the wall. It felt like a real movie theatre, minus the multiple other people who would usually be around. Each of them sat on Josie's bed; Josie was in the middle, with Hope on her left and Lizzie on her right. They had a collection of soft blankets, except Hope and Josie insisted on sharing one. Lizzie rolled her eyes, wondering how on earth two people could be so blind to what was right in front of them.

After some protesting from Hope, Josie finally managed to convince her to let them watch the movie Lizzie had selected. It was some dumb rom-com, which wasn't Hope's favorite genre of movies, but she could put up with it if it meant being in Josie's company. It was hard for Lizzie not to laugh when Josie gave Hope her best puppy dog eyes, her signature pout, and said 'Please? For me?' It was even harder to refrain from laughing when Hope replied.

The film went on without Hope paying much attention. She couldn't fully focus on it, not when Josie was directly next to her. So close that a tingling sensation struck her at the feeling of Josie's skin pressed again her own. She partially regretted wearing a short-sleeved pajama shirt. Perhaps having a warm blanket was a terrible idea. She was a wolf, she didn't even need it, so she wasn't sure why she accepted it when Josie asked. Actually, that was a lie. She did know. It was because of her huge crush on the girl, which she pretended wasn't that huge. It wasn't like she'd been crushing for four years or anything. Totally not.

It wasn't as if her crush on Josie was the very reason she had agreed to watch the rom-com when the girl asked, but shut Lizzie down when she did the same. Totally not.

It wasn't as if her crush was the very reason that she was failing maths. No way.

Lizzie knew the film almost as well as she knew herself - she could practically quote the entire thing. She made plenty of comments about the main actor of it, who played the love interest of the girl. She mentioned how he was one of her favorite actors, and probably close to the top of her list of celebrity crushes. Much to Hope's dismay, Lizzie listed every name from said list, saying the names of a few women too. Hope wondered why she asked, in fact, begged to watch the movie if she was going to talk throughout the whole thing. Though she'd be lying if she said it didn't annoy her and was tempted to ask her to be quiet.

When the movie ended, Hope sighed in relief. Hopefully, that would be the end of Lizzie's running commentary. As agreed, it was Hope's turn to pick one, and she picked her favorite action movie. Surprisingly, Lizzie didn't protest, and she actually said that she liked the movie too. Josie said she didn't mind, and so Lizzie pressed play on it. For being the one to pick the movie, Hope certainly wasn't all that invested in it. She was far more invested in the brunette beside her, who had somehow snuggled closer to her during the duration of the movies. Her arm was slung across Hope's waist, and her head rested on the tribrid's chest. Hope was sure Josie would be able to hear her heart doing marathons, with nothing she could do to control it. Josie assumed it because Hope loved the movie, and was excited to watch it.

Lizzie made plenty of comments throughout the second movie, too, and Hope could feel herself getting a little more frustrated. She just wanted to watch the movie (and stare at Josie) in peace. Was that too much to ask? It baffled Hope how Josie could put up with the blonde almost 24/7. Sure, she appreciated Lizzie as a friend, but that didn't mean she didn't want to smack her half of the time. Their friendship was still rather new, after all, meaning she wasn't completely used to it.