Story 17 - "You're lucky I love you"

Authors note:
Sorry this is out later than intended.
The title isn't the best and there is no summary because I wanted to avoid spoling anything. I might start doing this more often with my oneshots.

Flashbacks are in italics and a different tense to make it more clear :)

Hope walks into the apartment, throwing her keys on the counter. It's dark out - she just got back from a late meeting at the School. (It was something about taking leave and teaching extra classes or whatever. Honestly, she doesn't know what it was about, she barely listened. She had been far too focused on other things.)

Hope walks into the kitchen area and grabs a wine glass. She pours herself some of her favorite brand of red, then goes to sit on the couch. She moves some items out of the way and gets comfortable. Hope debates turning the TV on until she decides she prefers it over the deafening silence that's all around her. Hope chooses something from her continue watching section on Netflix and hits play. The next episode of Gossip Girl starts as she sips her wine. She looks to her hands briefly, then looks back up, drawn to the episode.

"Hope Andrea Mikaelson!" Hope gulps, pausing the show and turning to face the entrance. There, she sees her beautiful girlfriend, wearing the yellow dress she knows Hope likes. Hope somehow find it cute and hot at the same time. It brings a warm smile to her face and a tingly sensation to her stomach.

"Josie Saltzman." She answers back, putting on her least guilty look. It's not enough to make the brunette fall for it. Josie puts her hands on her hips, her attempt to act serious.

"What are you doing?" Josie asks as if she can't already see it. The sight before her is clear, and she frowns at it. 

"I don't know what you are talking about."

"Don't lie to me. We promised we'd watch on together." Josie wines. Hope loves the girl to death, but sometimes she just can't take her seriously. Not with that adorable pout. So, naturally, she starts laughing, which doesn't make Josie any happier.

"Stop laughing." She walks closer to the couch.

"I'm sorry okay? The control was just right there, and we ended at such a cliffhanger last time." Hope points to the remote.

"Mhmmm…" Josie squints, inspecting the scene further before she drops the act. She chuckles, saying; "Y'know since becoming a full tribrid, you have even less patience." Josie sits next to Hope, leaving some space between them.

"Forgive me?" Hope puts on her own pout, which makes it equally as hard for Josie to say no.

"You're lucky I love you." She smiles. "Now press play."

Throughout the first few minutes, they talk about their days at work. Josie, saying some stuff about her younger music classes struggle to play a particular chord on the piano, or how her older spell classes still can't get the pronunciations right. Hope, well she just talks about the meeting she had. Nothing too interesting, but part of their usual conversations nonetheless.

After catching up a bit, they fall into a natural silence. Hope enjoys it, she enjoys being next to Josie, in whatever way it may be. 

They watch on, enjoying watching characters interact and loving the small plot twists that happen. They're about midway into an episode when Hope hears Josie sigh. Curious, she turns her head and sees the look on the brunette's features. It worries her.