Story 2 - "I was jealous of him"

Based: During 2x09. Landon never came back during the whole Christmas thing :)

Landon had left. He'd left. Sure, he thought he was protecting everyone. He thought that by leaving his friends wouldn't be in danger. He didn't think about the pain that leaving would cause them. He could've communicated, told them that he was considering going. He could've done better. Except Landon being Landon, he ran away from his problems instead of facing them. When they needed him most, when he needed to be there as a friend, he left. He left after breaking Josie's heart and leaving the girls to question who he would choose, Hope or Josie. One he had a lot of history with, and the other was more of a brief summer fling. Although Josie was certain he would choose Hope. Why wouldn't he? She was gorgeous, brave, and kind. And she was nothing but a second choice, everyone's second choice.

Everyone knew Hope again, including Josie. It was hard for the siphoner to return everyone's memories. She thought she would lose what she had with Landon, which made her sort of happy. As happy as she could've been when she felt like she was missing something. It was an innocent relationship, the two filling a void, created by the same person, that they didn't even know they had. Ultimately Josie realized she couldn't be that selfish. Not once since then had she regretted her decision. Remembering Hope made so many things clearer. It gave so many answers to lingering questions that she had, like why she felt she was filling a void. Surprisingly, it made Landon breaking up with her a whole lot easier to deal with, yet it still stung that he did it and left two seconds later.

Life was different for both girls. Things were clearer since Josie got her memories back, but things were also far more complicated. Things, more specifically being feelings. For Hope. That she remembered. That were stronger than ever. That never truly went away, even when she didn't know her. When she was nothing other than a stranger, a girl that shared looks with her, then, boyfriend. A part of her still felt...drawn, or connected to the tribrid without her memories, even when she was jealous. And maybe, that jealousy wasn't because of Hope in the way that she thought. Thinking back to the football game, she remembered looking at Hope and getting the butterflies in her stomach. It didn't make sense, she didn't even know the girl and she didn't like her. Then her memories came back, and she remembered she was the typical girl who had fallen in love with her best friend. A girl who'd had said feelings for years.

She avoided Hope, thinking the girl needed time after Landon's departure. He was her supposed "epic love", and he'd said his goodbye through a magical diary entry. That surely hurt her, more than it hurt Josie. When Hope had asked Josie if she could stay, of course, she said yes. Hope belonged at that school and Josie wasn't going to let her personal feelings affect Hope in such a way. It warmed her heart that Hope was so worried about her preserving her feelings and that she didn't want to make her uncomfortable. When she held Hope's hand, when she hugged her, she had a feeling that it would be hard to see her and give her space to heal too. All things considered, Josie had been with Hope's boyfriend who was now an ex-boyfriend to both of them. She felt guilty for it, that Hope let her live on with Landon, she felt guilty that Hope had watched the boy she loved move on without her. So, after thinking it through, she stayed away from Hope whenever and wherever possible.

Landon had been gone for two weeks, and the best friends had barely said five words to one another. The occasional 'hi' here and there. Hope had tried talking to Josie, on countless occasions, and Josie had run away. Hope really had to get something off her chest, she had to tell Josie something and she couldn't. It was killing her that Josie ignored her. She'd said she wanted her to stay, but then not glanced her way once since. Hope desperately wanted an explanation, to know how she could fix the problem which she figured was her fault. The memory of her had ruined Josie's relationship, she had every right to be angry. Hope only wanted to be able to apologize, to tell Josie that she is done with Landon. That she doesn't want to be with him anymore. She wanted to able to be there for Josie.