Story 24 - "Josie's letter for Hope

Authors note:
Sorry I haven't released many stories recently. If you haven't seen my page updates or Twitter, then you may not know I've been super busy with exams in school and also my job. But that's all done with now, so I can get back to writing more!

This isn't the best and to be honest it is kind of short, but I just wanted to make something inspired by the finale seeing as it is the end of Legacies, and quite possibly TVDU as a whole, forever. Even though I'm forever complaining about this dumb show, a part of me will always miss it. How do you all feel about it ending/the ending itself?

Here's my take on Josie's letter to Hope that was mentioned in the finale.

Dear Hope,

There's so much I want to say, so let's start with hi! I know, it's been a while. That's mostly my fault. I haven't tried reaching out as much as I should have. Life here in Europe has been different from Mystic Falls, and I'm not just talking about the food or the way people speak. I don't have the school, or the Squad, or you. But I need you to know that I'm happy. I've started building a life here for myself. There's this great witch school that I'm starting at soon. So I'm excited about that. You'll have to visit someday. There are dozens of cool spots and cute cafes I'd love to take you to and plenty of art galleries I think you'd like.

All this stuff recently makes me think about how far we've come. Years ago, when we were nothing more than two children who bickered and poked, I never would have dreamed of showing you the world. And now I can't wait until that day comes. You're my best friend, Hope, even if we are miles apart. That won't change anything.

More importantly, I want to say I'm sorry. To you, it probably seems like I just left, when you were at one of the hardest points in your life. Hell, you might even hate me for not being there to support you, but I need you to know that I left for you. The truth is when I got on that bus, my only goal was to find a way to save you. By the sounds of what Lizzie has told me recently, my plan of getting in touch with your family, along with spelling the talisman worked. I'm glad they were able to bring the real you back. The Hope that we all know and love.

You know, it was you who told me that having a dark side was okay. That it didn't make me evil or a bad person. I hope one day you'll accept that for yourself too. Despite all the curveballs life has thrown at you, you're still and will always be the strongest person I know. I'll never stop admiring you for that.

And lastly, I want to say thank you. You've always been a great friend to me, even when I didn't deserve it. Some time ago you gave me a talisman and I have cherished it from the moment I got it. I'd rarely let it out of my sight. It meant a great deal to me, and it still does, but I don't need it anymore. So find someone who does.

Even though I'm not by your side right now, know that you're not getting rid of me that easily, Hope Mikaelson. You're stuck with me.

So until we see each other again, let me just say this. Make quiet things heard and more importantly, be happy. No one deserves it more than you.

All my love,Josie.

Authors note:
I know it's not much, but I hope you all like it anyway :)