chapter nine

˚₊✩‧₊

''HI... Gigi, right?!'' Gigi heard a cheerful voice say. As she slowly opened her eyes, she spotted a redhead looking at her direction, and deduced she was talking to her.

''Uh, yes. And you are...?'' Gigi replied with a shaky voice, glancing at the direction where the men were at, and praying that they were gone.

''Crystal! I'm a huge fan of this circus, but I've never seen you around. Why is that? Are you new? Well, whatever. It doesn't matter. Anyhow, I just wanted to compliment you on such a good show! I adored your act... Well, I was just wondering if we could take a picture together?'' Crystal said, almost as if she was clueless about the situation that was about to go down.

''Uhm... Sure!'' Gigi automatically assumed that the girl was throwing a random excuse to try and save her from where she was, and Gigi completely appreciated it, and played along.

''Awesome... — Crystal looked in her purse, and pulled out her phone — Oh my god, I can't wait 'til I tell my friends that I met a celebrity!'' She said, singingly, which made Gigi chuckle. They posed together, and took a selfie. Right after that, Gigi hopelessly glanced at her right, and got the biggest relief of her life — the men were gone. Gigi let a huge sigh of relief.

''Dude, thank you so much! You literally saved my life...'' Gigi turned to Crystal, and thanked her.

''Uh, what do you mean?'' Crystal chuckled awkwardly, as she put her phone away.

''You just chased those creeps away by letting out a silly fake excuse, duh!'' Gigi explained, in gratitude.

''Glad I could help, but that wasn't my intention...''

''Wait, so you actually wanted to take a picture with me?'' Gigi incredulously asked.

''Yes, everything I said was true — I thought your performance today was very good... And kind of hot too.'' Crystal said, using her hand to mimic a fan.

''I actually didn't even realize you were on the verge of being harassed, but... I now think it was pretty obvious.'' She continued, gesturing to the self-defense keychain was still clutching into.

''Well, anyhow: Thanks for being at the right place, at the right time, and saving my life... Even if you didn't mean to.'' Gigi thanked Crystal, and the two girls laughed.

''Also, what's your name again? I missed it the first time.'' Gigi asked Crystal.

''Crystal Methyd.'' Crystal shyly repeated her name, causing Gigi to gape at such an odd name, and making Crystal laugh.

''What kind of name is that??! It's the wackiest, tackiest, craziest one I've ever heard.''

''Well, I do like to think it really, really matches the owner...'' Crystal once again nervously chuckled, and made Gigi immediately regret her words.

''Oh my god, I swear I didn't mean it like that — I regret the way it came out of my mouth.'' Gigi quickly apologized.

''No! Don't worry, it's fine! Wacky, tacky, and crazy isn't bad. It is who I am!'' Crystal comforted her, and the two laughed like they had known each other forever.

It was pretty odd — Crystal hadn't felt like someone was laughing with her, and not at her in a pretty long time. She would sometimes let out a nervous chuckle, and act like she didn't care; but it had always been something that bothered her a lot. She never would've thought that she could make a good first impression to someone like Gigi Goode by just being herself; and that someone like Gigi Goode would enjoy her company, and play along with her.

Same with Gigi — in a time that seemed like forever, she hadn't been able to be herself to anybody either; they always wanted to see Gigi, the unfriendly blond hottie, but never Gigi, the warm, congenial girl. But with Crystal it was different, it was as if she actually saw Gigi as another likeminded peer, everything Gigi had ever dreamt about.

Gigi and Crystal had only known each other for less than 15 minutes, but they could already tell a lot about each other; and they liked what they saw.