chapter nineteen

˚₊✩‧₊

ASKING Gigi to join her at the café had been way easier than what Crystal thought it'd be. Crystal had managed to control her uneasiness, and shut up her unwelcome meddling thoughts, just in time to talk to Gigi.

It had actually been a huge milestone for Crystal — she had gathered enough bravery to ask Gigi to meet her somewhere else than in the circus; and not only that, but Gigi had also said yes! If everything went well between the two — which most likely would — that could definitely be the start of something between them.

''Does Gigi see me as more than a friend?''

That thought had been lingering on Crystal's mind for a while, and she still hadn't been able to find the answer to it. One thing the redhead was clear on, though, was that Gigi had definitely been flirting with her for the past month.

Whether it was in a serious or joking manner, Crystal was pretty sure Gigi knew what she was doing whenever she sensually approached the other girl, and held her in her warm touch.

Something Gigi maybe wasn't aware of, though, was the effect her coquetry had had on Crystal. To Gigi, Crystal was a sweet, maybe not so innocent girl, but so unattainable; because, for all Gigi knew, Crystal was straight.

Same thing happened to Crystal — the first words that came to her mind whenever she thought of the blonde were impish, enchanting, and, above all, unwinnable. She thought Gigi only teased her as a joke, and that she'd never have a chance with the blonde with all those studs drooling all over her. 

✧˖*°࿐

''WE'RE here.'' Gigi heard Crystal chant, once the redhead finished parking her car right in front of the café. It was delightful — it had a slight retro vibe to it, and it seemed welcoming. It was perfect.

The two girls didn't waste any more time, and they got off the car, and walked towards the café entrance door. Gigi quickly saw a clear opportunity to subtly come onto Crystal, and held the door open for her.

''Oh, you've got manners, Ms. Goode.'' Crystal flirtatiously said, making Gigi giggle, as they walked towards the only free table in the whole place.

Their meals were delicious — the blonde and they redhead had ordered strawberry and chocolate milkshakes, respectively, and a vegetarian appetizer to share.

But though the food was exquisite, Gigi felt as if something was still missing — the conversation. The two girls hadn't been chit-chatting non-stop per usual, and Gigi felt the need to fix that.

''So, Crystal, how did you even find this place?'' Gigi finally asked.

''Oh, well, I used to come up here with one of my closest friends all the time, but she ended up moving to New York, so I hadn't been able to come here as often as I'd like to; but I'm glad to be back. I really missed this café...'' Crystal said, looking around. As soon as Gigi heard her say that very last word, her eyes opened wide like two plates.

''Café? This is a retro diner!'' Gigi corrected her.

''Yeah, that! I'd always come her because it gives me those retro vibes I love... I just love the 70's.'' Crystal said, with her usual bubbly tone.

''I'm guessing you mean the 50's...'' Gigi said, almost incredulous.

''Aw, man! Then, paper shaker — may I suggest we leave this antsville, and go to my chariot, drive to a passion pit, and do a backseat bingo? Or maybe we can go somewhere else — there's a lot of fun places in this fat city.'' Crystal said, trying to use as much 50's slang as possible, in hopes to impress Gigi, who just raised an eyebrow, and let out a small chuckle.

''Sure, dreamboat. But don't bash ears — let's go to your tank, and leave as soon as possible before a bird dog appears, and tries to steal you from me.'' Gigi said, playing along, as she stood up from her chair, and held Crystal's hand.

''Nifty. We're gonna have a ball!'' Crystal scoffed, making the blonde burst in laughter.