chapter thirteen

˚₊✩‧₊

AS weeks passed, Gigi kept teaching Crystal more and more tricks, and Crystal carefully applied the tips Gigi gave her to perfect her technique; and not only that, but as every class carried out, the two girls learned a little bit more about each other — from their favorite movie to their first kiss story.

Gigi felt like they were besties, and Crystal thought she knew everything about Gigi; but there still was one little unresolved issue — neither of them knew if the other one was gay. Crystal had never been the best expressing her sexuality, mainly because living with a man like her father was chaotic — a grumpy old man who never managed to process the fact that his only daughter, his princess, was a lesbian; the man was practically the reason Crystal had left the house to live on her own.

Gigi's situation was similar to Crystal's — her parents were abusive against her, and that forced her to start a new life somewhere else, in hopes that there, finally, she'd be able to be herself. And she had achieved that... almost.

Crystal was right — The Moonlight Circus was like Hooters, because most of its public was grown men, old enough to be fathers of either of them, who only preferred this particular circus over the others for the pretty girls who performed there.

The Moonlight Circus had made it very clear to Gigi that there was no way she could be open about her sexuality, and who to blame them — Gigi was their star, their MVP. If any of those men found out that she was into women, the visits would decrease considerably. The Moonlight Circus couldn't afford to lose Gigi; and Gigi sure as hell couldn't afford to lose her job.

✧˖*°࿐

''ALRIGHT, Crystal, today we're going to learn how to do the side lean.'' The blonde said, gesturing Crystal to go towards the fabrics.

''First, take hold with the silk with your right hand.'' Gigi announced, and the redhead did it.

''Then, bend your knee, and place it on the shin of your leg in the footlock.'' She continued, walking around Crystal, and supervising her.

''The silks should be sitting here.'' Gigi said, and playfully tapped on Crystal's groin, making her laugh.

''Don't distract me!'' Crystal demanded, almost unable to contain the laughter.

''Finally, deeply lean to the side.''

''Oh... Gigi, I don't know if I can do it...'' Crystal said, fearfully, looking at the ground.

''Crystal, I know you can do it.'' Gigi said, giving her a warm smile; and apparently, those words had a great effect on Crystal, because she left her fears aside, and bravely leaned to the right, like Gigi asked her to.

''Great! Wait, I have to capture this on camera!'' Gigi said, clapping, as she looked for her phone inside her pocket.

''Really, Gigi?'' Crystal scoffed.

''Yes, Methyd. Now pose.'' Gigi said, taking many pictures on her phone.

''What, are those for the circus's page?'' Crystal said, letting go of the fabric.

''No, just for personal consumption...'' Gigi said, winking at her, which made Crystal blush immediately. At this point, Crystal firmly believed the blonde was hinting she was gay; but she still was afraid of darting by making the first move, and ruining everything with the girl of her dreams.

''Ugh, emotions suck!'' Crystal thought, recalling something she had heard Gigi say before.