chapter twenty eight

˚₊✩‧₊

''WHAT'S on your mind, red?'' Gigi playfully asked.

''Oh, nothing important, Geeg. What matters to me right now is your health, I told you.'' Crystal half-lied, attempting to avoid the question.

''Don't give me that, Crystal — I don't believe it.'' Gigi complained, as the other girl shyly turned her head.

''C'mon, Crys, you know you can trust me with anything.'' Gigi insisted, as she inspired confidence in the redhead from her bright eyes.

''Can I confess something to you, Gigi?'' Crystal asked, beginning to give in.

''You know you can count on me. Spit it out.'' Gigi asked, sitting up and settling on the bed.

''The truth is... I'm really nervous about the finale.''

''Aw, angel, why's that?''

''I'm scared because you're the real professional here, and if the doctor tells us you'll have to rest for God knows how long, I'll make a fool out of myself.'' Crystal shared her thoughts.

''But that's not true — I may know a lot of things about aerial silks; but everything I know, I've taught it to you. And don't worry about me — I believe that I'm going to be discharged today; but even if not, you are fantastic. I can't say it enough — I've seen you, Crys, and you're great at this; maybe even better than me. You have nothing to fear.'' Gigi tried to encourage Crystal.

''But I still don't know...'' Crystal continued, but was interrupted by the blonde.

''Do you know how to do the tricks?'' Gigi questioned.

''Yeah.''

''Do you remember the routine?''

''Every which way.''

''Then you've got it all! Crystal, like a ray of light, you came my way one night. Just one look and I knew you'd make everything clear, make all the clouds disappear in my life.'' Gigi continued, as she saw Crystal's eyes begin to water.

''So put all your fears to rest! Who do I love the best, don't you know?'' Gigi tried to comfort Crystal some more, as she continued to hold her hand, and squeeze it.

''Thank you so much for this, Gigi. I really needed motivation, especially from you — you're practically an angel.''

''No, that's you! You must have been heaven sent — you heard me call, and you went out on a fucking limb! I can't thank you enough for helping me out of this mess.''

''It's nothing really — you know I'd do anything for you.''

''And I would do too for you, Crys.'' Gigi said, as she softly squeezed Crystal's hand, and came closer to her, as she slowly closed her eyes, and pouted her lips.

''Excuse me, excuse me! I have to come in.'' Stacey, the nurse barged in without knocking, clearly annoying Gigi and Crystal.

''Hi, nurse, do you have news?'' Crystal impatiently asked.

''Duh! If I didn't, I wouldn't be here, geez...''

''Well, then tell us, please.'' Gigi said.

''Gigi was involved in a severe accident; however, due to the fact that the distance she fell from wasn't great, she has only broken her right forearm. So, the final verdict is that Gigi will be able to teach, but she won't be able to practice on the aerial silks, and obviously won't be able to participate in the finale.'' Stacey explained, utterly shocking Gigi and Crystal, who gawked at each other.