chapter twenty nine

˚₊✩‧₊

THIS was it. It was finally the big day that, if we are honest here, Crystal hadn't been anticipating from the very first moment; however, now, it was the thing she felt she couldn't wait any longer for. And for this reason, everything on Crystal's mind in that moment was the grand finale; thus, she really needed somebody to vent her jittery thoughts to; and Gigi was completely off the list, as Crystal had spent two entire weeks babbling and babbling non-stop about it, and she didn't want to overwhelm Gigi, even though she probably already had.

This is why the next person on Crystal's list was Jackie, someone who should've been on the very top of her list, even before Gigi, but Crystal didn't want to admit it. Anyhow, it was no secret Jackie was a very, very close friend of Crystal — after all, before Gigi and Crystal, there was Jackie and Crystal; and to be fair here, Crystal had been giving her friend constant updates of everything that went down on the circus, until she had stopped doing so not very long ago. Still, the redhead thought it'd be appropriate to phone her friend to give her an update on the situation.

''Hi, Jackie!'' Crystal cheerfully said, as soon as the other girl picked up the video-call.

''Crys, hi! Intermediate time, no see... How have you been, girl?'' Jackie replied, as she got closer to the camera, interested.

''Oh, I've been great; but a lot has happened since the last time we talked. I'm sorry for not calling in a while, my life has been a whirlwind, in good and bad ways.'' Crystal excused herself.

''No worries, Crystal, I completely get that. Besides, I've also been busy, and if I would've wanted to chat, I could've perfectly called you. But now that we're here, what do you think if you tell me a bit about what's going on?''

''Well, remember the last time we talked, I told you about how Gigi was constantly teasing me, and I couldn't tell if she was hitting on me; and you told me to just go for it, and hope for the best?''

''Uh huh...''

''Well, I did — I began not so subtly hitting on her, and I'm pretty sure she got the hint because she became looser and more provocative around me. However, just when we were about to kiss on the silks, Gigi lost her grip, and fell to the ground. Hard.'' Crystal explained, and saw Jackie's mouth and eyes open expansively.

''Oh my!''

''Yup. And guess who had to rush her to the hospital? This girl! Anyways, that was a while ago, and everything's fine now — Gigi only broke her arm.'' Crystal obliviously finished explaining, leaving Jackie with a shocked face.

''Well, has she fully healed now? You know, to perform and all.''

''Nah. The nurse told us she'll have to rest for a bit, so she can't practice on the silks, only teach me... Oh! That reminds me of something else — the finale! Which is, uh... today!'' Crystal awkwardly announced, causing Jackie to chuckle.

''Really? You're going to appear in it?'' Jackie asked, interested.

''Yup. A number all by myself.'' Crystal proudly replied.

''Ooh, a Crystal Methyd solo act... Sounds like something I wouldn't want to miss.''

''You won't! I'll be sure to send you the recording after they sent it to me, probably tomorrow morning.''

''Uh uh, no way — I have to be there.'' Jackie insisted.

''But you can't, you're in New York!'' Crystal exclaimed.

''But I just can't miss this, Crystal. I have to be there to cheer for you!"

''Uh, if that's what you plan on doing, don't even bother to come.'' Crystal half-jokingly said.