chapter twenty five

˚₊✩‧₊

GIGI AND CRYSTAL had found themselves spending one more Thursday afternoon at the big Moonlight Circus, practicing for its even bigger grand finale! That, and also occasionally flirting and shyly hitting on each other, which always seemed to work. They couldn't help it — the two girls perfectly clicked together like two pieces in a jigsaw puzzle; even if it was in a friendly manner, whenever Gigi was with Crystal, she felt in heaven; and whenever Crystal was with Gigi, she felt almost as happy as she used to when her mother was still alive.

However, it wasn't all rosy in the garden that particular day between the two. It's a well-known fact that routine oftentimes becomes dull and tedious; thus, that very same thing happened in the two girls' environment — the finale number became repetitive, the conversations became dry, and overall, the tension was now very thick, something that wasn't very usual for when Gigi and Crystal were together, as you can guess.

But Super Crystal was here to save the day! Though she was crippingly shy, the redhead was excellent at spicing up awkward moments like this one, especially when it was between someone she cared about and her. Especially when it was between Gigi and her.

''Cross those feet, Crystal. And hold them tightly!'' Gigi continued to give instructions for the angel drop to her pupil, who until now, had been executing each step perfectly; but up to this point, the redhead had realized she'd have to work her charm, and play naive if she wanted to go far with Gigi in this opportunity.

''Um, teach? I don't think I can do that part on my own... I'll definitely need some help.'' Crystal said with a begging tone and a pouty face, praying that the blonde would get the hint.

Gigi opened her mouth to say something, but immediately closed it and didn't utter a word; instead she raised an eyebrow, as she gave Crystal a flirty look.

''Think, Gigi — Crystal is asking you for help; she probably knows how to do this stupid angel drop every which way, but she wants you to help her, to grab her body and position it as you please... and you're in no state to reject an opportunity to be closer to hot redhead, are you?'' Gigi said to herself.

''Sure thing, Crys. Let me help you with that one.'' Gigi confidently said, putting her clipboard aside, and walking towards the silks Crystal was hanging from — the latter imagined Gigi would probably just give her more instructions, and make a few flirty remarks here and there, taking every opportunity she could to touch Crystal, per usual; but no, it wasn't like usual — actually, it was ten times better than usual. In fact, Gigi had thought about it for a while, and she finally decided that if she was going to do this, if she was finally going to make a move on Crystal, it would only be worth it if she went all the way. And so, she did — the blonde quickly jumped to impulse herself, and climbed the silks until she reached about the same height as the other girl, who was obviously caught by surprise, but wasn't necessarily complaining.

''...Hey'' Gigi happily mumbled once she finished climbing.

''Hey...'' Crystal awkwardly mumbled back, causing the two girls to giggle.

''I'm going to help you now — so, I see you're stuck in this position; what you have to do now is crochet your feet upwards, and cross the silks behind your... what?'' Gigi had begun explaining, but quickly noticed Crystal wasn't paying attention, at least to what she was saying.

''Nothing, it's just... you look really pretty when you get all technical with your explanations of the tricks.'' Crystal confessed.

''Aw, angel, thank you! You are t... No, Crystal, stop! Don't distract me — focus, we still have a long way to go.''

''Aw, man! We were doing so well with our banter, Geeg.'' Crystal pretended to get upset, causing Gigi to chuckle.

''Just let me give you one last test — I want to see if you're ready.''

''Oh, is that so?'' Crystal replied, causing Gigi to once again chuckle.

''C'mon, Gigi — leaving aside the fact that I'm barely confident in my skills, you and I both know that I already know every single trick you've taught me by heart.'' Crystal softly mumbled, almost as if she had been able to read Gigi's thoughts from before.

''...So, what do you think if we just take this one time to focus on something other than the silks?'' Crystal continued, as she got closer to Gigi, and looked her straight into the eye.

''Crystal, how are you so good at this?'' Gigi asked in between laughs, throwing her head back.

''Well, I don't really wanna be a tease... And there's some things you don't know, Gigi.'' Crystal replied, causing the blonde to laugh.

''Oh, really? Am I too hot for you, though?'' Gigi asked, as she pushed herself forward, finally giving in.

''I don't know... There's only one way to find out.'' Crystal got even closer to Gigi, as she puckered her lips, and closed her eyes; but just when the two were about to kiss, something tragic happened. Crystal didn't feel Gigi's soft lips against hers, and instead heard a loud scream, and a thunderous crash coming from below her — she looked down, and saw Gigi, who had seemingly lost her grip, and almost fatally fell directly onto the cold, hard wooden floor, and not onto the pad, as they had moved it from its place the week before. As soon as Crystal grasped the scene, she quickly descended, and got closer to where Gigi layed — she was with her eyes closed, and at first glance, she just looked asleep, as she wasn't bleeding, and her heart was still beating, but at a rapid pace.

Crystal looked around the circus, surprised that no one has come to see what had happened when the heavy impact Gigi had made on the ground was heard; thus, she assumed it had just been Gigi and her all along. If the two had found themselves in a different situation at that moment, they could've definitely used their privacy in the circus to their favor. But there was no time to think about that, because Crystal had to rush Gigi to the hospital.