MIGG: Seventeen

MIGG SEVENTEEN

Ryujin slept on the floor. She actually gave me the space she thought I needed. But all I want was to feel her warmth, to be held up close on her body, or just be beside her. I didn't want the space at all. I didn't want to be away from her. It just made me feel even more worse. It just made me feel even more lonely. Made me realize how far she had gone without being actually mine.

Is it normal to feel this way? To be so hurt and feel safe? To be excited but feel scared? To be understanding but regretful? I feel so torned.

I faced where Ryujin has laid her duvet and comforter. The light from her phone was still there. She was still awake.

I quietly scoot closer to her side and took a peek at what she was doing. She was texting someone.

Shin💗: When are you going home?

Ryujin: I still don't know. Depends.

Shin💗: Depends on what? I miss you already.

Ryujin: Depends on Jisu.

Shin💗: I already told you what you have to hear. It's all on you now.

Ryujin then closed her phone. Depends on me? What does she mean by that?

And she was talking until late night with Yuna. And said she missed Ryujin already. But didn't get any response. Does that mean Ryujin has problems with Yuna? Was that the reason why she was crying earlier? Has Yuna did something wrong to her? If she did.. it has nothing to do with me. I'm being so nosy. When did I learned to gossip?

So, I scoot away from her side and turned my back on Ryujin.

"Jisu-yah?" I heard Ryujin called out for my name and I was startled. Did she noticed me gossiping?

"Y-yes?" I answered nervously.

"Do you want to go home tomorrow?" Ryujin asked and I frowned. That's why she said it depends on me. But if she were to ask, she would just go home immediately to see Yuna again.

"I.. don't know. I thought we're going to stay here for five days? Tomorrow is just the third day." I answered bashfully.

"Do you still want to stay and spend time with me?" I was even more confused on her statement. What is she saying?

"I mean, I'm not against spending time with you but.." I stopped on saying something when I felt the other side of the bed tipped down.

And she was suddenly hugging me from behind.. her head was buried on my back.

"You're going to spend the whole day tomorrow with Chaeryoung. Promise me that on the last two days of our stay here, it's just me and you, okay?" Ryujin has this certain ability. To make me drown in confusion. "I'm begging." Ryujin muttered lowly. "Please."

"W-what's wrong with you? Are you drunk?" I asked and rolled around to look at her. She doesn't smell like she drink something but.. what is she saying?!

"You promised me you're going to spend your birthday with me, right?" Ryujin said like she was out of her mind. Was she deluding or was she drugged? What the heck is happening to her?!

"Ryujin--"

"You promised me, right?" She looked up at me with teary eyes. What the fuck?

"Y-yes. What's going on?" I asked but Ryujin just smiled at me.

"I just want to make sure you still remember your promise." Ryujin was about to get up and lie down on the floor again but I stopped her.

"Are you okay?" I asked sincerely. She was still tearing up and that scared the hell out of me.