𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:CAME TO WIN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
CAME TO WIN

AFTER WHAT ISAAC HAD SAID, her heart seemed to have shattered, and she didn't know why. He was right. She hadn't really been there for him. In fact, she had been pushing him away this entire time. But now that he admitted he was leaving, she didn't know what to do with herself. She stood beside Stiles in the boys locker room. She glanced up upon seeing Melissa enter.

"'Good morning! In less than an hour, aircraft from here will be joining others from around the world. . . and you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. Mankind―︎that word should have new meaning for all of us today.'" Coach started, making Gwen roll her eyes.

"What the hell is he talking about?" Melissa asked as she joined the two.

"He does this every year." Stiles informed her.

"Seriously?" The woman questioned.

"Yeah. . ." Stiles sighed.

"'We are fighting for our right to live!'" Coach continued.

"Wait, is this. . . ?"

"Yeah. It's the speech from Independence Day." Gwen answered, nodding her head with a sigh.

"It's Coach's favorite movie." Stiles added.

"'But, as the day the world declared in one voice―︎We will not go quietly into the night!'"

"He doesn't know any sports speeches?" Melissa frowned.

"I don't think he cares." Stiles plainly responded.

"'Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!'" Coach finished and immediately the lacrosse team cheered.

That's when the voice of Gerard filled the air, and Gwen seemed to tense, as did Melissa. She exchanged a look with Stiles before looking back towards him. "Well spoken, Coach. I might have chosen something with a little more historical value, but there's no denying your passion. And, while I haven't been here long, there's no denying my pride in having a winning team for this school. I know you'll all be brilliant tonight, even with only one co-captain leading you. Now, I'm your principal, but I'm also a fan. So, don't think I'll be content to watch you merely beat this team. Get out there and murder them."

"You heard the man! Asses on the field!" Coach yelled. And immediately everyone went out to the lacrosse filled. And of course, Gwen took a seat beside of Stiles on the bench she wasn't supposed to be sitting on.

"Coach is going to yell at you." Scott told the girl.

"Let him." Gwen sighed. "I don't care anymore."

"Whoa, what's got you all depressed?" Stiles asked.

"Later." Gwen shook her head. "Right now we have more important things."