𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE:SHE'S NOT DEAD

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE:
SHE'S NOT DEAD

     SHE WATCHED AS ISAAC PACED back and forth, and quite frankly it was making her paranoid. He paced towards the stairs before turning around, going the other way but actually talking this time as he did so. "You know, I'm starting not to like this idea. Sounds kinda dangerous. You know what? I definitely don't like this idea, and I definitely don't like him."

     "No one likes him." Gwen tried, earning a glance from Isaac making her pinch her lips together and nod her head.

     "You'll be fine." Derek assured him.

     Isaac stopped, staring out the window before turning to look at them. "Does it have to be him?"

     "He knows how to do it. I don't," was Derek's simple explanation. "Be more dangerous if I tried doing it myself."

     Gwen glanced up at Isaac as he moved to stand beside her, the girl currently sitting on top of the table. Isaac looked at Derek. "You know Scott doesn't trust him, right? And neither does Gwen. And personally, I'd―︎well, I'd trust Scott."

     "Do you trust me?" Derek asked, looking up from his hands.

     "Yeah." Isaac nodded without hesitation. Derek then looked back down at his hands and Isaac shook his head. "I still don't like him."

     "Nobody likes him." Derek repeated Gwen's words, causing her to glance up at Isaac with a sarcastic smile. He rolled his eyes, causing her to smirk in amusement before he placed his arms on her shoulders, allowing her to lean back into his chest as the loft door was pulled open.

     Peter stood there, looking between the three. "Boys―︎and girl." Gwen rolled her eyes. "FYI, yes, coming back from the dead has left my abilities somewhat impaired, but the hearing still works. So I hope you're comfortable saying whatever it is that you're feeling straight to my face.

     Almost immediately, Derek and Gwen both said in unison, "We don't like you." Derek slammed his book closed, throwing it onto the table as he stood up. Derek looked at Peter before saying, "Now shut up and help us."

     "Fair enough." Peter hummed before making his claws appear. Gwen grabbed Isaac's hand, giving it a small squeeze before jumping down off the table and watching as Isaac moved to sit down on a chair with Gwen and Derek sitting on the couch beside him. Peter walked towards Isaac who was clearly tense. "Relax. I'll get more out of you if you're calm."

     "How do you know how to do this again?" Isaac quickly asked as Peter moved to stand behind him.

     "It's an ancient ritual used mostly by alphas, since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice. One slip, and you could paralyze someone. Or kill them." Gwen clenched her jaw as she glared dangerously at Peter. She glanced towards Derek as if to silently ask him if they were really going through with this.