𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN:WE NEED FIRE (*disclaimer: mentions of abuse*)

WE NEED FIRE
(*disclaimer: mentions of abuse*)

"WHAT IN THE HAUNTED HOTEL?" Gwen muttered as she stepped off the bus. They had stopped for the night at a hotel that looked more than less inviting to be in. Allison and Lydia joined her side, both of them having the same uncomfortable reaction as her.

"I've seen worse." Scott offered.

"Where have you seen worse?" Stiles shot, turning towards Scott.

Before Scott could say anything, Coach blew his whistle. "Listen up! The meet's been pushed 'til tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and the least amount of good judgement when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves! You'll be pairing up―︎choose wisely. And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants! Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!"

Gwen looked towards Allison and Lydia. "Listen, I don't care if I have to sleep on the floor. I don't have any other friends on this bus other than you guys, and I refuse to stay in a room by myself."

"I can't blame you." Allison muttered in agreement. The two walked forwards, taking their room key from coaches hand. They turned their heads to look at Lydia. Allison frowned. "Lydia?"

"I don't like this place." Lydia told them.

Gwen scoffed. "I don't think the people who own this place like this place."

"It's just for a night." Allison assured.

"A lot can happen in one night." With that, the three girl's went to go find their room. When they found their room, Gwen couldn't help but scrunch her nose up in disgust, several different smells that she didn't enjoy smelling filling her nose. She almost gagged aloud.

"I'm going to take a shower." Allison informed them. Allison walked in the bathroom only to walk right back out. "Hey, uh, these towels don't smell good. They smell like nicotine. Can you get some new ones?"

"Yeah. . ." Gwen hummed. "Lyd and I will get some more. I wanna walk around and explore anyways."

"Thanks," Allison smiled before walking into the bathroom once more.

They walked up to the front desk, offering the woman behind it a small smile. "Excuse me? The card on the dresser says we have a non-smoking room, but somehow all of our towels reek of nicotine." Gwen told the woman, placing the towels on the counter. The woman turned to face the duo.

"I'm sorry about that, sweetheart." The woman apologized, turning to look at them only to see electrolarynx machine placed in her throat.

Lydia then furrowed her eyebrows. "What's that? That number?" Gwen followed Lydia's gaze to the number on the wall with the number 198 on it.