𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO:DEAL WITH THE DEVIL

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO:
DEAL WITH THE DEVIL

    "DON'T BE MAD." ISAAC BEGGED.

     "I'm not mad." Gwen shook her head. "Why would I be mad? Should I be mad?"

     "What? No."

     "Then I'm not mad." Gwen nodded, walking away from him.

     Isaac watched her go, placing his hands on his hips and nodding. That's when he turned his head to see Lydia staring at him. He frowned. "What?"

     She sighed. "You are such an idiot. Clearly she's mad."

     "She just said she wasn't."

     "Girls say that when they're trying to keep an argument from happening."

     "Really?" Isaac sighed. "Damnit." He followed Gwen in the direction she had went, finding her in an empty room where she was siting on one of the tables with a frown on her face. Isaac stared at her for a few moments before closing the door behind him and making his way towards her. "I don't know why I have a connection with Allison. I really don't, alright?"

     "Do you have feelings for her?" Gwen looked up turning to look at him. "Don't lie to me."

     He could see the tears in her eyes. "Why are you crying?"

     "Because I don't want to be heart broken again. I can't handle that."

     Isaac came closer to her, placing his hand on her arm. "Gwen―︎"

     "Answer the question." She whispered. "Do you―︎"

     "No. No, I don't." He cut her off. "I only have feelings for you. And I love you."

     "But are you in love with me?" Gwen swallowed thickly as she looked up at him. "Saying you love me and being in love with me are two completely different things. I'm in love with you. Can you say the same?" She looked at him before looking away and shaking her head as she forced herself to walk away, ignoring his calls for her.

The next few hours were long and treacherous, and Gwen feared that they weren't going to wake up, but when the sound of a gasp filled their ears they were quick to snap their head towards the three. Allison, Scott, and Stiles were all quick to shoot up from the water, climbing out of the tubs.

     "I saw it." Scott quickly told them. "I know where it is."

     "We passed it." Stiles continued. "There's―︎there's a stump, this huge tree. Well, it's not huge anymore it was cut down. But it's still big, though, very big."

     "It was the night we were looking for the body."

     "Yeah, the same night you were bit by Peter."