You Chose Her

Placed after season 2 episode 8! O am aware the Razor Crest got destroyed, but for the plot. And I don't ship Din x Cara, but for the plot! Angst with a happy ending, ish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I sigh, watching Din get all cuddly with Cara. My heart ached at the sight and I turned away, missing Grogu's company during these times. I walk back to the Crest and curl up in a nook I had found with all the days I've fixed the ship.

After about an hour, Din came back, a skip in his step.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N), where'd you go?" He calls. I wipe my eyes and climb out of my nook, shyly standing behind him.

"I-I'm here." I stutter, inwardly curing how weak I sounded. Din turns to me, concern evident in his body language.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asks.

"O-oh, nothing." I whisper, taking a deep breath a steeling my features. Din nods softly.

"I'm gonna leave the Crest for the night. Cara has invited us to stay at her place."

"Actually. I'll stay here tonight… y-y'know, let you two have some alone time." I whisper, brushing my (H/L) hair behind my ear.

"You sure? It'll get cold." Din says softly.

"I'm sure. You just… go have fun. Go get your girl." I whisper shakily, my resolve struggling not to crumble. 

"Oh, okay then. I'll see you tomorrow and we can get going after this bounty." Din says, grabbing a spare change of clothes before walking out of the ship.

"I'll be here… you have fun!" I say, waving to him. Din shuts the ramp as he walks away, the ground controls being locked in place. I climbed into the sleeping pod Din and I frequently shared for months, curling into a ball and letting my resolve crumble.

'It's not fair… why does she get him? Why did he choose her? I've been here longer… I've helped him through the impossible… why not me? Am I not worthy?' I think, sobbing as the thoughts raced through my head. 

I woke up the next day, tear stains running down my cheeks and bloodshot eyes. I stand and head to the refresher, stripping and taking a warm shower, letting the water run over my face as tears find their way down my cheeks.

'He used me… all I was was a stress reliever… he never really loved me.' I think, sobbing quietly as I slumped against the wall of the refresher. I sob silently, washing my hair and body before I turned off the water, grabbing my towel and drying off, wrapping the purple cloth around me before walking out. I looked over to see Din, his helmet off while he surveyed the ship, checking over the cargo. I sigh and grab my clothes, getting changed in the refresher before walking out, brushing my wet hair out of my face.

"Ah, (Y/N)... how are you feeling?"

'Terrible.' I think. "Fine." I reply, going up to the cockpit and sitting in my copilot chair.

~Din's POV~

I sigh, watching as (Y/N) climbed the ladder up to the cockpit. I went for Cara because she seemed available, as (Y/N) was already my travel companion, and I didn't think she wanted to be anything more. Our friendship was complicated, it was more of a working relationship with some benefits. And Gods, those benefits were heaven. 

I walk over to the ladder, hearing some faint sobs coming from the cockpit. I hesitate before pressing the button to open the door. I walk up into the cockpit, seeing (Y/N) wiping her eyes.