Promise

This is a headcanon request! The headcanon is that, after losing Grogu to Luke, Din breaks down, begging (Y/N) to never leave him. Angst warning! Thank you FlashLox for the request!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I walk onto the ship, holding a couple crates of supplies. I look at the sleeping pod, seeing it closed and hearing soft sobs coming from behind the door. I frown and set the crates down, walking to the sleeping pod and raising a fist to knock before stopping myself.

'He just needs time. Let him have some space. You'll suffocate him.' I think to myself, stepping back and walking back out of the ship. I walk back into the town and grab a couple more crates from the haul I purchased. I sigh and walk back to the ship, placing the crates on top of the others.

I heard Din's sobs and my heart broke a little more, wanting to reach out to him and help him through these tough times but also wanting to give him his space. I walk back out of the ship once more and go to the town, grabbing the last two crates and the container of broth I got for Din.

After setting the crates down on the ship, I sit down on top of them, opening the container of broth and pouring a bowl for Din. I stand and walk to the sleeping pod, knocking on the cool, metal door.

"What?" Din's shaky voice answers.

"I-I brought you some broth, I-I'll leave it here for you." I say softly, setting the broth on a nearby crate and pouring myself a bowl before going up the ladder to the cockpit. I sit down in the copilot's seat and sip my broth, humming softly to myself.

After a few hours, I heard footsteps on the ladder and straightened up in my seat, looking to see Din with his helmet off, tear stains on his tanned cheeks. I open my mouth to say something but stop myself, watching as he sits down in the pilot's seat, flipping switches and taking off. Once we were in hyperspace, I went below to the sleeping pod, laying down and falling asleep.

A few hours later, I awoke to Din climbing into the sleeping pod next to me, cuddling into my chest. I smile softly and run my fingers through his hair, kissing his forehead.

"Did I wake you?" He whispers.

"A little bit. But it's okay." I reply, yawning.

"Mmkay." Din hums, burying his face into my shoulder. I continue stroking his hair, waiting for him to fall asleep before I let myself drift off again.

The next morning, I woke up to Din slipping out of the bed, adjusting his shirt before walking over to the ladder and climbing up into the cockpit. I hum softly and get out of the sleeping pod, going to the refresher and taking a shower.

After I finished in the shower, I stepped out, grabbing one of Din's shirts and a pair of panties, getting dressed and moving to go up the ladder before I heard sobs coming from the cockpit. I step down from the ladder and go over to a couple crates, going through them and grabbing ingredients for first meal. I walk to our little kitchen and start cooking, humming softly as the meat sizzled in the pan. After a few moments, I finished cooking and plated the food, carefully placing Din's plate in the cockpit without interrupting his alone time. I sit on a couple crates and eat my food slowly, listening to Din's sobs.

Days passed and our routine went about the same, with me sitting out in the cockpit when Din was in the sleeping pod and vice versa. It wasn't until after our most recent hunt that Din even approached me.

Din walked over to me, his head hung low before he pulled me close, resting his helmet-less head on my shoulder, a sob leaving his lips.

"D-Din?" I whisper.

"D-don't... don't leave me... please." He whimpers, his voice sounding so weak, it broke my heart.

"I won't."

"I've already lost Grogu... I can't lose you too." Din sobs, gripping my forearms tightly.

"I-I can't... I can't lose you. Not yet. Not ever." He whimpers, his tears soaking my shoulder.

"I won't leave you, I promise love." I whisper, feeling tears build up behind my eyes.

"I-I can't risk anything. I almost lost you on our hunt... I can't do that again. I won't do that again. Losing you... would probably kill me." Din sobs, my heart breaking more at his sobs.

"Hey, I'm still here. You won't get rid of me that easily." I whisper.

"I-I know that... but I still worry... death... death is something you can't control. I-I can't control it... I can't risk losing you. Not again, not ever. Y-you mean everything to me."

"We'll be more careful on our hunts. I'm sure you'll get to see Grogu again. I will continue living for you. I promise. No dying for me." I whisper, trying to reassure Din.

"Promise?"

"I promise." I whisper, kissing his forehead. I wipe away his tears with my thumbs, looking into his eyes.

"I promise." I say, reaffirming my promise with him. He nods and buries his face in my shoulder once again, closing his eyes.

"I love you. So much." I whisper.

"I love you too." He replies, holding me close. I lead him over to the sleeping pod and lay down, patting the mattress next to me. Din climbs in next to me, burying his face in my chest and closing his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope y'all liked it! Check out the Mando Headcanon chapter to leave your requests for headcanon oneshots!

Luv You,
Aisy Daisy