My Starlight

This is an age regressor! Reader x new caregiver Din oneshot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Din's POV~

I walk into the Crest, seeing (Y/N) playing with some of Grogu's toys. I raised a brow, standing silently while I watched her. She turned around while making one of the stuffed x-wings fly, seeing me. She snapped out of her tiny trance and stood up, blushing brightly.

"I-I'm sorry… I-I was just…" she trails off as I walk closer.

"Hey, it's okay love." I whisper, calming her down. She puts the toys back and turns to me, blushing brightly.

"I didn't expect you to be back so soon." She whispers shyly.

"I finished hunting early. Thought I'd come back and surprise you." I say softly, holding up my kill.

"I see that…"

"But… first… please explain what you were doing with those toys." I whisper. She blushes, tearing up a bit.

"I-its a coping mechanism of mine… when Grogu was here, it was easier to disguise… I-I…"

"It's nothing to be ashamed of. You're one of those… age regressors, aren't you? I've heard of it, but I've never seen anyone do it before."

"Y-you’re not mad?" She whispers.

"No. Of course not love. I wish you would've told me sooner so I could help you." I say, pulling her into a hug.

"R-really?" She squeaks against my chestplate.

"Of course love. Anything for you." I whisper, running my gloved fingers through her hair.

"Do you need anything for your headspace love? I can run to the market."

"Just you… right now I just need you." She whispers, starting to remove my armor. I helped her and sat on the ground with her, watching as she grabbed the toys, setting them out in front of her.

"Do you have a preferred name for when you're in headspace love?"

"Anything is fine." She whispers. I nod and watch her start playing with the toys. I smile and grab the stuffed x-wing, flying it around her head. She giggles and claps her hands together, a happy twinkle in her gorgeous (E/C) eyes. I chuckle softly, pulling her into my lap and wrapping my arms around her waist, leaning my chin on her shoulder, hoping my helmet wouldn't hurt her. She continues playing with the toys, handing me the stuffed TIE fighter. I 'fly' it around in front of her and watch as she flies the x-wing towards it, making little 'pew pew' noises. I dramatically cry out and flop my arm down onto the ground.

"Oh no. You defeated me!" I say. She giggles and pumps a fist in triumph. I smile, watching her as she put away the toys, turning around and curling into my chest.

"D-daddy…" she whispers, as if testing the name. My heart welled at her higher voice saying 'daddy' so weakly. My normally strong partner, so small, so fragile.

"Yes my love?" I ask softly.

"Cuddles?" She asks, making grabbing hands. I chuckled and held her close as I stood, lifting her into my arms. I walk over to the sleeping pod and climb in, laying her down gently. She squeaks quietly, holding her arms out for me. I lay down in the pod, curling up around her small figure. 

"Kith kith daddy?" She asks softly, slurring her words a bit.

"Of course love. Close your eyes please." I whisper. She nods, closing her (E/C) orbs. I release the latch on my helmet and lift it over my head, setting it to the side and gently kissing her lips. She smiles against my lips.

"D-daddy… can I feel your face pwease?" She asks softly. I nod softly and guide her hands to my face 

"Here you go, love." I whisper. She smiles, her fingers rubbing over my stubble. She traces every line, every stress wrinkle, her fingers running over my scarred skin. 

"Hehe, your face is itchy daddy." She giggles, her fingers running up to my brow, then finding my hair. 

"And your hair is fuffy!" She squeaks. I smile and nod softly. She runs her fingers through my hair, playing with it. I smile and kiss her nose gently.

"Rest now love. Daddy will be here when you wake." I whisper. She nods softly, still playing with my hair lazily, her movements gradually becoming slower and slower before they halted. I smile and carefully lay her hands at her side, putting my helmet back on.

"Rest well love." I whisper, falling asleep to the soft snores that escaped her lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope y'all liked it! It's a little short compared to others but I just wanted a sweet little oneshot to break from angst and smut. What should I do next?

Luv Y'all,
Aisy Daisy