Drunken Nights

This is from a headcanon not yet posted that I have where Din is a lightweight because he doesn't drink much due to not being able to take the helmet off. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I sigh, working on the wires underneath the controls in the cockpit, cursing to myself whenever I received a shock.

"Dank Ferrik." I swear, receiving a particularly strong shock. I slide out from underneath the controls and shake my hand, sticking my finger in my mouth.

"(Y/N)~" I hear a familiar modulated voice sing-song from below deck. I frown, my brow knitting together.

"What the fuck?" I whisper, going below deck and glancing at Din.

"(Y/N)! Ner Riduur!" He slurs, removing his helmet. I watch him, still taken aback by his behaviour.

"What's gotten into you?"

"Drinking game with Cara." Din slurs. I let out a little 'ah' and nod.

"How much did you have to drink?"

"Not much. A couple glasses of spotchka." Din mumbles.

"Ah, well, let's get you some water and sit you down so you don't fall." I say, seeing how he had been swaying. Din shakes his head.

"No. Wan' stay here with you."

"I'm not going anywhere love. I just want you to sit down so you don't end up on your face." I say, leading Din over to a stack of crates and sitting him down. I walk to the refresher and grab a cup, filling it with water. I walk back to Din, seeing a pout on his perfect lips.

"What baby?" I ask softly, handing him the glass of water.

"You left me." He slurs, taking the water with unsteady hands.

"Only to get you some water. I'll be right here for the rest of the night." I whisper, cupping his face in my hands gently. He leans into my touch, a happy hum escaping his lips. He looks up at me, his brown eyes full of happiness. I chuckle and run my hand through his hair, working out the small knots in his wavy locks. He hums happily, leaning into my touches.

"You're so amazing..." He hums, trailing off. I smile, blushing a bit before Din straightens up, looking me in the eyes.

"You wanna know why I hate droids?" Din mumbles.

"Why is that love?" I ask softly, sitting down on the ground next to him. Din holds my hand tightly, clinging to me.

"Droids killed my parents... they hid me in a cache, leaving me there. Droids almost got me... then the Mandalorians came... if it weren't for them I wouldn't be alive right now..." Din whispers, tearing up.

"If only the mandalorians had come sooner! They could've saved my parents!" Din cries, tears running down his tanned cheeks. I shift onto my knees and cup his face in my free hand, wiping away his tears with my thumb.

"Hey, at least they managed to save you... if they hadn't, what would'v e happened to Grogu? What would've happened to me if you hadn't swooped in and saved me from those twi'leks? I'd honestly probably be in a much worse situation than I was when you arrived. Probably being sold around as some sort of slave." I say, looking into Din's teary brown eyes.

"Y-you're right..." Din whispers, sobering up from his crying a bit.

"I'm lucky to be alive right now and I am especially lucky that I saved you when I did... where would I be without you? Honestly, I'd probably be a bigger mess than I am now with Grogu being taken..." Din slurs, more tears coming to his eyes. I smile softly and kiss his nose.

"Exactly." I say softly.

"Good gods... I'm such a mess... why have you stayed this long? Why did you marry me? I've only gotten you in so much trouble with every gang out there and you've been so close to dying... I've only made your life worse."

"Quite the contrary love... You've made my life better, more exciting." I say, kissing his cheeks. Din sniffles.

"H-how so?" He whispers.

"Well, my life back on Ryloth was pretty boring. I mean, I landed there shortly after the rebellion fell and started up my own little shop, but then some of the locals got pretty nasty about an ex-rebel trooper being on their planet and I got mixed up in their gangs... that's when you found me. You had a bounty on one of the twi'leks that was attacking me and decided to save me. Ever since then, life has been exciting. What's life if you dont' almost die two or three times?" I say, lightly joking with the last bit. Din chuckles, his chuckles soon turning into a fit of giggles before he sobered up a bit more.

"Sorry, that wasn't that funny... I-I don't know what came over me."

"You're drunk, love. That's what came over you. Maybe next time, no drinking games. At least not without me there." I say, watching as Din chugged the last bit of the water in the cup.

"More?" He asks, holding the glass out to me. I chuckle and nod, standing up.

"You'll have to let me go for a bit love." I whisper, tugging on his hand that held mine.

"No!"

"But you need more water."

"I'm never letting you go." Din says, pouting a bit. I sigh and lean to the right, grabbing a canteen I had filled for Din's next bounty hunt.

"Here." I say, handing it to him. He carefully undoes the lid and takes a large swig of water, swallowing and letting out a loud 'ah'.

"Better. Thank you starlight." He says, smiling. I smile back, noticing more of the Din I know coming to surface.

"Alright. Let's get you to bed. You've obviously had a long day." I say, helping Din up and leading him to the sleeping pod. He stumbles on his way there, still not letting go of my hand as he laid down in the pod. I chuckle and set the canteen to the side of the sleeping pod and climb into bed carefully, laying down next to Din.

"Get some rest, love." I whisper, starting to hum a lullaby while I stroked his hair with my free hand. Din lets out a happy hum and leans into my touches, his whole body relaxing as he slowly drifted off to sleep. I listen as he starts snoring, stopping my humming and kissing his forehead.

"You are going to have one hell of a morning." I whisper, closing my eyes and falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope y'all enjoyed, keep you eyes peeled for the next Mando headcanons chapter!

Ner Riduur- My spouse

Luv y'all,
Aisy Daisy