Touch Starved

This is the last oneshot request! As the title suggests, it is about touch starved Din x gentle, caring (Y/N)! Enjoy! Thank you FlashLox for your request!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I hum softly, finishing up fixing the panel I was working on. I shut the panel and went up the ladder, sitting down in my seat. I glance at Din and purse my lips, scooting closer before resting my hand on his back. He tenses up under my touch, his head whipping around to look at me.

"Sorry." I say, taking my hand away from his back. He only nods and turns back to the front panel. I frown and hold out my hand for him. Din glances down at my hand and gently pats it with his own gloved hand. I shake my head and carefully interlace our fingers, watching Din to gauge his reaction. He loosely holds my hand, his fingers spread out rather than curled around my own. I frown and let his hand go, leaning back in my chair. Din turns to me slightly and carefully takes my hand in his, interlacing our fingers. He turns back to the panel and continues monitoring our trip. I smile softly, running my thumb along his knuckles.

After a few moments, I went to let Din's hand go, only for him to grip my hand tighter. I smile softly and kiss his hand gently.

"I gotta go make third meal." I whisper. Din gives me a look from under his helmet before letting my hand go, motioning me over and bumping his helmet against my forehead gently. I smile and kiss his helmet, going over to the ladder and jumping down it. I walk over to the crates and grab ingredients, going over to our little kitchen and starting to cook the meal.

Once I finished cooking, I plated the food and walked to the ladder, carefully balancing the plates on one arm while I climbed. I sit down in my seat and hand Din his plate. I turn my chair around and start eating, hearing the click and hiss of Din's helmet being removed. As I ate, I listened to the quiet beeps of the cockpit, relaxing at the sounds of the Crest.

Days passed since I held Din's hand and lately I've just been trying to ease him into a more physical relationship. Starting with him letting me gently touch his arm. I started with gentle brushes as we passed each other, able to feel when Din tensed up everytime. As time went on, Din started brushing up against me whenever it was possible.

So, one day, I decided to move to another level. Hand holding, once more. I sit down in my seat and see Din reading over charts. I sneakily snake my hand up his arm, lacing my fingers through his gloved ones. Din only continues reading the charts, his gloved thumb running over my bare knuckles as he held my smaller hand tenderly. I didn't expect such a soft hold from such a strong, firm bounty hunter. The heat from his hand radiated through the thick leather of his glove.

Days went by and slowly, but surely, Din was warming up to my touches. I decided to try something more, sneaking up behind Din and carefully snaking my hands around his waist, hugging him from behind. Din tensed up, all the muscles in his body rigid. I frown but keep my face buried in his muscular back, glad he didn't have his armor on.

"What's this? Is everything okay starlight?" Din asks, glancing over his shoulder at me.

"Everything is fine..." I whisper, gripping his shirt in my smaller hands. He places his larger hand over my hands, patting them gently before turning around in my arms, leaning down and bumping his helmet against my forehead.

"You're being awfully persistent with touching me. Why is that love?"

"You wear that armor all the time... and you chose me to be your partner, yet we don't do anything other than sex... I-I wanted to engage in a more... soft relationship." I whisper shyly.

"If you wanted that, you could've just asked."

"I-I just wanted to slowly introduce you into a physical relationship... You always tense up when I touch you... I wanted to ease you into it." I say softly.

"Well, thank you love... I knew I chose you for a good reason. You're such an amazing person, love... now... why don't we go lay down in the sleeping pod... I'll let you touch my face." Din says. I smile and nod, walking over to the sleeping pod and climbing in, laying down on my side. Din slides in next to me and shuts the door, the click and hiss of his helmet coming off filling the small space. I close my eyes and reach up, touching Din's face. Once my fingers touched his face, I felt him flinch away, his eyes crinkling at the corners.

"Sorry..." I whisper, gently smoothing my fingers over his face, feeling every wrinkle and imperfection, my fingers ghosting over the scratchy stubble on his chin, feeling his chapped lips. My fingers slowly moved up his face, feeling his mustache and slowly moving up, feeling over the slight hook of his nose, ghosting over his closed eyes and finding their way into his soft, wavy hair.

"Kriff..." Din whispers. I pull my hands back and open my eyes to the complete blackness of the sleeping pod.

"D-did I do something wrong?" I ask softly. Din's hands wrap around my wrists and brings them back up to his face, kissing my palms.

"No... i-it just... I'm just not used to it... as a Mandalorian my helmet must remain on, by creed... No one, unless they're my Riduur, may see my face... but I figured you could at least feel my face, just to help you get a picture." Din rambles. I blush and kiss his nose gently.

"Thank you... so much for trusting me." I whisper, nuzzling our noses together. I feel Din's cheeks move up in a smile, his eyes crinkling at the corners. I smile and close my eyes, slowly drifting off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope y'all liked it! Please check out the chapter titled Mando Headcanons to make requests.

Luv y'all,
Aisy Daisy