05

she hesitantly lay on the bed with him, knowing that no matter how sweet and innocent he might look, he had a completely different not-so-innocent flirtatious side which although she wouldn't admit, she loved it.

he kept his arm around her shoulder, while she curled up next to him, surprised at how two people could comfortably sleep in a hospital bed.

"i feel really lonely these days, i just wanted someone by my side," he said, looking at her, who had closed her eyes but was still listening attentively.

"sometimes, i feel like i'm the only person living in this shitty world, but then i remember that i do have one person who genuinely cares about me." he brushed her hair behind her ear. "you."

her eyes flew open, searching for the truth in his, which she found right away.

"I'll tell you a story." jimin said, patting her back which helped her fall asleep. she nodded eagerly, closing her eyes again.

jimin swallowed hard, before he could get the words out of his mouth. "once upon a time, there was a young boy. his dad wasn't someone he cared about. his dad was in fact the devil himself, who didn't hesitate to beat the crap out of him whenever his mum wasn't home, just because he didn't like the kid."

she interlocked their hands, listening to the story he told.

jimin continued, "when his mum died, his dad married another woman right away, not even paying heed to the boy's needs and concerns."

"later, the boy left the house, but the demons in his mind followed him. he prayed that they would go away, but instead the demons grew into many until he just couldn't control his own mind. he thought the devils would drive him crazy." the faintest of a smile played on his lips. "but that's when he met someone."

jimin ran his hands through her hair, whispering as softly as ever, "an angel."