12

the moon shined in the starry night, while areum lay in jimin's arms, contented. she looked up at him who still hadn't slept.

she tapped his chin, "what're you thinking?"

he stared at her, a tear slid down his cheek, "i don't want to leave you. i don't know why, but i probably deserve this."

she caressed his tear-stained cheek, "you don't deserve this, it's not your fault."

"then tell me then why do i have to live like this? why can't i live like a normal human being with a girlfriend and a job? do you know how frustrating this is?" he asked, every question filled to the brim with emotion.

she stroked his hand, a gesture that calmed him down. she listened to his heartbeats, her head laying on his chest.

a tear slid down her cheeks, after all, how could she answer the question he had asked?

the worst thing was, she knew he wasn't going to live for long. what broke her heart was when the doctor said he was going to live his last week in excruciating pain.

and she hadn't even told him about it. the doctors words repeated in her mind again and again. why does it have to be fate?

wasn't instant death better than that?

tears kept cascading her cheeks, she was feeling guilty. she took his hand in hers, laying comfortable with him.

tear drops fell on his hand.

he immediately noticed and wiped the tears off her cheek, and she threw her arms around him. his chin rested on top of her head, which was buried in his chest.

jimin interlocked their fingers. "will you stick with me till the end?"

she nodded in response, tears running down her cheeks. "yes, till the end." he planted a kiss on her forehead.

areum caressed his cheek. if there was one thing she was sure of, then it was if he's leaving this world.

so is she.