16

instead of answering his question, she planted a kiss on his forehead, which answered it more than words ever could.

"do you remember the day when i told you to never leave me?" she nodded, unable to answer due to the tears sliding down her cheeks. "well, looks like i'm the liar here. i'm the one who's leaving you, areum." jimin grinned.

she held his hand tightly, if only she could just bury her head in his chest, safe from everything and stay there forever.

areum couldn't hold it in anymore. she burst into tears. "hey, hey, don't cry. i'm not gonna leave you that quickly."

jimin reached his hand to caress her tear-stained cheek, he didn't care about how much it hurt him to do that but if it was for her, he'd do anything.

"don't cry. you'll bring to tears to mine." jimin softly, caressing her hand, smiling at her.

"you love me, right?"

she interlocked her pinky finger with his, just like the promise they made. "always." she whispered.

the nurse burst into the room, saying that she couldn't stay here in the room anymore, and that the doctor will be arriving any minute to check him.

"but-" "no buts miss, you may sit outside, we'll call you after we check him." she said sternly.

jimin mouthed a 'go.'

areum removed her interlocked finger, leaving the promise, and got up from the chair. she planted a small kiss on his cheek, before leaving.

her eyes took in the sight of him laying on the bed, while she tried to hide the tears that were cascading down her cheeks.