17

areum checked her watch apprehensively, tapping her foot on the floor. 

11:54pm.

what are they even doing inside the room? 

she knew she shouldn't doubt doctors, but how couldn't she when the most precious person to her was in that room?

she closed her eyes, trying to think of something else, but every time she closed it the picture of jimin kept coming into her mind.

she wanted him, more than anything else. she just wanted to feel him, love him, and always stay with him.

her mind and her heart refused to listen to her, and kept bringing up his words.

***

"god, you're too cute." jimin said, pinching her cheeks as they were sitting on the hospital rooftop.

"i think you're the cutest one here." she pinched the bridge of his nose.

he blushed, causing her to chuckle. "wow, my angel is blushing." she commented, causing him to bury his face in his hands, cheeks beet red. if there's something she absolutely loved to do, then it was making him flustered.

she ran her fingers through his hair, looking at him. he reminded her of so many things. so many happy memories. his eyes were so affectionate for her, she wondered why hadn't he entered her life earlier.

why hadn't she felt this earlier?

***

jimin kept writing, glancing at her in between. they were fifteen, currently in her bedroom, where he came saying that he wanted some help for his homework as an excuse to meet her.

"I can see you." she said, which made him bit his lip.

"it's not my problem, you look so beautiful, that i can't even focus on my homework." he commented, resting his chin on his palm.

he was staring at her indeed. she kept writing, ignoring him, until she just couldn't take it anymore.

"you know the teacher is going to kill us if we don't finish the homework, right?" she asked in a matter-of-fact tone.

he nodded, "yeah, but a detention is worth it, if it's for you."

"you're crazy."

"that makes two of us."

she smacked him in the back of his head with her math textbook. "ow, what was that for?"

"for saying stuff like that when we're supposed to study." she said, writing down the answers.

"god, you're so mean. will you even stay by my side if anything happens to me?" jimin scoffed, after he shook his head.

"of course, i will." she tapped his nose playfully.

"why?" he asked, brows furrowed.

"cause you're my friend, you idiot." she slapped his arm gently, before seeing a smile on his lips.

|

lee areum opened her eyes, not wanting to reminisce those memories again. she let out a deep exhale, trying to forget the memories, that was carved in her heart.

only jimin could make her feel like that. she would feel like she was in heaven when she was with him. 

the ecstasy he made her feel, made her treasure the memories. she couldn't count how many times she cried today itself.

areum immediately raised her head, blinking as she saw the doctor coming out of his room. the doctor whispered something to the nurse.

she ran to him in a hurry, wanting to know everything. she didn't speak a word. but the doctor knew her question just by the look of her eyes.

he let out a sigh, before he shook his head.