14

"the pain i feel is immense, areum." jimin said, lines creased on his forehead. at least for once, he actually admitted it.

admitted that he wasn't feeling well, that he couldn't be smiling all day, pretending like nothing was wrong.

"the nightmares i see, never leave my mind." he admitted, glancing at her. "they're like my worst enemy. i'm my worst enemy. it makes me feel like...." he trailed off searching for the words. "like everything is a whole damn lie. like nothing can ever be right with me." he said, clearly frustrated.

she stroked his hand gently to calm him down. "everything isn't a lie, jimin. sometimes, it's all fate." 

he scoffed, "all fate. yeah, right." he sighed deeply. "well, then, fate has been atrocious to me my whole life. sometimes, i just don't understand why i was born in this hell. it's like-it's like no one stays. they never stay."

she nodded, listening to him carefully. sometimes, all you need is someone who listens to you and nothing else.

he hugged her, wanting someone to hold. he sighed, taking in her scent that somehow always managed to calm him down.

jimin buried his head in the crook of her neck, as he whispered, "but you'll stay, right?"

she smiled, and interlocked his pinky finger with hers. "always."