conscious (mikey) #23

I feel so bad and you ALL know why... :3
Sorry

$hine$upernova

(Check my insta yo! Its just my username)

Edit; I would have have published this sooner but I had to re write this whole thing...
_________________________

CONSCIOUS

My eyelids were so heavy I could barely lift them. I could just see a band of white light and nothing else. My vision was foggy and it disoriented me,
Where the hell am I?

I recognized a dull thumping pain in the back of my skull, it was so painful but I was almost used to it. It kind of felt like a large hammer was continuously tapping into my head.

I could hear voices but I couldn't distinguish one from the other, let alone figure out what they were saying.

It was like my senses were all coming back one by one. What a weird way to wake up, you know, usualyy you just wake up and you can hear and see and everything at once, but today was different.

I could smell something like.. Hospital porridge and bacon. Weird.

I tried to open my eyes but they were all crusty and gross.. Like I'd been asleep for a while. I flicked the crust out of my eyes which for some reason caused a red blur and some height pitched beeping.

I wiped the crusties off my face and I started to focus.

Well fuck.

What the hell did I do?? Jesus take the wheel...
I'm in the flacking hospital

The walls were covered In little encouragement posters saying shiz like 'without pain there cannot be a rainbow'

And.. 'Be yourself, no body is better qualified'

Also drawings of friends and scribbles of teens hugging.

Despite it being some kind of hospital is was beautiful.

I tried to sit up but the pain hurt a little more so I stayed on my back

"Michael" a soft voice said, I crained my neck.

Someone in a white coat and blue gloves was standing by my bed with a Clip board.

"Sir" I croaked. My voice hoarse

"Don't call me sir" the doctor chuckled.

"Sure thing sir" I smirked

He huffed loudly and muttered to the nurse (whom I hadn't noticed)

"He's only been conscious for three minuets and he's already sassed me"

I managed to grin

The two doctors did all these medical tests on me to make sure I was okay. I had brain scans and all that sort of stuff, it tool two days before they finally said I was okay and dandy.

I hopped off the hospital bed that had been home to me for a few weeks. The light blue hospital gown swished with the movement

The cool basically artificial air rushed between my legs and made me  cold in ways I hadnt been in a while, making the apparant come to my attention,I was wearing no pants.

I blushed. My doctor payed no notice.
"Follow me Michael, I just have to fill out some forms in the lobby-" he shuddered "- and then I'll de breif you on what you need to do and expect"

"Okay sure sir" I replied, happy

"What did I say about calling me sir?" He joked, opening the door for me to walk through.

"Not to do it" I laughed and walked through the door, my doctor strode next to me, leading me into the lobby.

I noticed familiar faces in room down the corridor, with varying degrees of injury. Nothing more than a bleeding knees though.

I waved, smiling, at the ones who noticed me walikng and mouthed 'Hello's before my doctor pushed through some Big double doors.

I heard the room before I even saw inside it. Eerie elevator music you would find in expensive 5 star hotels, mixed with a bit of light jazz.

Inside it was like any other hospital,but with sofas lining the walls, so inviting I sat down in the nearest one. My bare ass sinking into the soft velvety fabric. It reminded me of my couches back home. The ones mum got on her and dads 20th anniversary.

I sighed in content.
The doctor looked about halfway through the papers so I just quietly drummed in tune to the music, with my fingers against the wood of the sofa.

Finally he came and sat next to me, after my brain nearly fried because of the boredom and awful music.

"So, Mikey" he said, using my nickname unsettinlingly  casually.
"What's the stich?"

"Well, you have been under [unconsious] for two weeks, you've missed a few of the activities and I am sure everyone has made friends, so u suggest you use today and tomorrow to catch up.
Then activites will resume as normal on Monday"

I took it all in
"So basically, you've given everyone one two days off to make friends with me,?" I asked, confused.

"Essentially, yes. But we've only told them they are getting the weekend free, and with a supervisor, can leave camp and go into town for two hours" he explained

"Okay"

"Also you know you may have small signs of amnesia, so if somebody mentions anything you don't remember I suggest you come and ask for me"

"What. Wait, are you serious? Your kidding me right" I said annoyed.

How could they keep this from me this whole time. To bring it up so casually??

"No I'm sorry Mikey. We don't think it is anything serious but we want you to keep your wits about you, is that alright?"

"I suppose" I mumbled, swishing my brightly colored hair out of my eyes.

"Good, your free to go" he said happily

"Great" I stood up and turned to walk to the door. More aware than ever about my visible bare ass hanging out of the aqua hospital robes.

I ignored it for the sake of my sanity and waltzed out of the main doors into the sunlight.

I blinked, unacostomed to the bright natural light and waited until the blurry light turned into my actual surroundings.

As they came into focus I realized I had NO idea where I was in the camp.

I swiftly went back into the lobby and called out "sir!" Before he went back down the corridor

He stopped in his tracks and smiled "yeah Mikey?"

"Which way do I go?" I asked

He looked crestfallen "left until you reach the ice cream parlor. It should be obvious from there. His face had taken on a cool mask, unlike the warm happy one he wore before.

"Okay... Thanks sir. Really" I smiled. His face lit up slightly before continuing to his destination.

I waved to the lady at the desk and went back outside into the warm.

I walked down the path to the left, usingbthe directions I was given.

It was about a fifteen minuet walk to the ice cream parlor
I ordered a cookies and cream single scoop and then walked down the now familiar path to out cabin number 23.